Happy Birthday,Mr. Tweedy!

Abba1.JPG

Pic for start is sure to make the smile on this day! Now please continue Mr Jeff Tweedy!

We give the best wishes to you from all in village for another passing of the 4 seasons, but I make little cry for you that all wonder in passing seasons is not visible when you live in big metropolitan place. Can you see the little white arctic fox from your window, just before eagle swoop for tasty snack, all talon spread and "Yum-yum" face? We have the fear for little fox, but there is no escape from bead of eagle eye. It is sad but it is the nature, no? Can you see tall grass ripple and pine shake with delicious waft? No Mr Jeff Tweedy, it is my bet to you that all is noise of sit-on lawn mowing and vision is full of washing line from next door neighbour with big bloomers on display. But this is digression and best kept for separate PM (I send pics of eagle. Olsen ask if you can send pics of bloomers as way of compensate). Let us return to topic, and today is not a day for the tearful. As in song of Ian Dury "Seasons to be Cheerful", there are three seasons of happiness, and one of fourth count where only schapps will help make the survival through dark tunnel of despair (but then is much easier for little white arctic fox to hide, so he has not dark tunnel in this way for sure. There is up and there is down of swings in this world!). I am thinking you make song of this concept with Wilco rarity song of "I Wish I Were Ian Dury", with this man as influence in past times at start of Wilco journey before you settle for the Abba as righteous path for future development once album of Voulez-Vous make a pip at post of Ian Dury to position number two at top of charts? Then later you make song of "Not Fourth Season" in acknowlegement of this truth that I speak. You are lucky to have anniversary in brightest season for sure! This is time of the long outdoor forest walks in full majesty of natural spendour and the slump of happy weariness at half-way point with time for herring paste and Snickers bar while picking knickers (for we are not always fortunate in location choice for meal time and ants in pants is often inconvenience condition). We hope you do this today as family activity.

Mr Jeff Tweedy I make a piece of toast to you!

In small research mode, I present latest research on subject of influence of Mr Benny and Mr Bjorn and Mr Jeff Tweedy with the simian subject. This is strange topic for pop endeavor, but Mr Jeff Tweedy follow in their slipping stream as in many other occassions. He has same nose for sweet smell of pop project success. Here is reminder of original for those who are not of the Abba.

King Kong Song

Now we can make the jungle out of any old place

We can make gorillas out of people, yeah

Well who can tell a monkey from a monkey?

So people get together, gonna have a good time

Everybody listen to the music, yeah

'Cause what we're gonna sing is kinda funky

So let your arms hang down

And waddle all around

Like a dreadful mighty killer

A big black wild gorilla

We do the King Kong song, won't you sing along

Listen to the music and it couldn't go wrong

We do the Kong Kong song, gotta sing along

Can't you hear the beating of the monkey tom-tom

Listen to the rhythm of the King Kong song

Of course friends, you can see clear relationship with song of "Monkey Mess" in boom box style, no? It is now staring like a full face to you from this evidence!

In final writing I bring news of reverse kind! After all research on my part, news of the Wilco combo grow to all in village (all have easy way to accessibility to this style due to Abba style similarity). Now I present Wilco band of tribute mode - O - Group! "Wilc" in our slang language is nasty word (of Danish original) so they make shorter version - which give unique name to them and also has safety for the ears of the little ones.

normal_mini-%D6-Gruppen.jpg

Pay attention to leafy aspect! You see them in still pic from video of "I Am Wheel" in their style. Was this in your imagination with a full implementation Mr Jeff Tweedy? You are not in video habit (which is strange deviation from lessons of innovating Mr Stig for sure) so maybe you are not of this visual imagination. But we should agree it is better to interpret to listener such a mental image as bonus feature to song! With plus of flares there is no need to say also (though I do say Ha Ha!). You need more of suit habit after nudie experiment, even if it is not of kind for which Professor from Stockholm has fierce preference. If it is your wish they can send special package of cassette tape. Is C120 TDK your preference Mr Jeff Tweedy? They have desire to be special guest for Solid Sounding number two and make desperate practice. But they make request for excuse from dunk ritual. We have special fear of this practise as all are taught from smallest age never to plunge into icehole even for charity reason.

Welfare!

Dearest Jeff, you have brought so much joy to my life and to so many others and I have to say on your birthday that I love you for it. Thank you for being you and I hope you never stop making music. Have a great day today.

p.s. I missed you at the dunk tank but if I was there I would not have dunked you. :cheekkiss

Happy birthday!!! :guitar :badger

I wrote this yesterday for you to sing, but haven't had time to go to the shops to get a new present today, so it will have to do. Sing to the tune of ... well you know the tune.

"You Are Trying To Dunk My Ass"

I am an American MoCa Mass dunkee

I'm a'splashin' down the angled shute

I'm wiping out in the plunge pool blinking

What was I thinking that I decided to do?

Let's forget about the sting-eyed chlorine

Let's undress just like drip-dryed stragglers

This is not a joke, so please stop smiling

What was I thinking when I said it wasn't cold?

I want to glide through that flume ride dreaming

Pitch it from the near side, baby hit the sight!

You were so right when you said that I'd be drinking

Hot tea from the thermos that you made last night

I want to hold you in my shivering puddle

You're a useful helper, towel me down quick

Take out my cell-phone because I do believe its ruined now

What was I thinking when I said I'd go?

I'd always thought that if I wore a Nudie

People would love me and let me get off free

Then I fell again and the suit kept shrinking

What was I thinking when I got back on the tee?

You are trying to dunk my ass

But still I'd be lying if I said I'd got my trunks on

Disposable clothes were an option

But Glenn hid them when I went off to the loo

Periscope up again with more spluttering

It's been a while and the wind's picking up now

I've got the chills and twenty minutes till I'm free

All this flowing water makes my mind kinda drift now

Think no one will notice if I have a sly pee?

Dunk spree

I'm the man on a dunk spree (to fade)

fastshow.jpg

Chin chin :cheers

:lol

i can imagine jeff saying "oh bugger!"

Happy Birthday Jeff!!! :cheers

Thank you for the many years of wonderful music you have so unselfishly shared with us and the world. Thank you for Solid Sound which was the BEST weekend of MY LIFE EVER! Thank you for all that you do! I can only hope you realize how amazing and talented many of us believe you to be and know that we are truly grateful for that! :worship

Have a fabulous day!!! :birthday

:hug

From Last FM

(listening to Wilco radio on it)

Jeff Tweedy (born August 25, 1967 in Belleville, Illinois, United States) is an American singer-songwriter, musician, and poet best known for his work with the group Wilco

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF Solid Fan for 13 years and Hope to be for at least 14 Seriously enjoy and Relax for Minute or Two!!

Cheers from Boston!

:cheers

Happy birthday, Jeff. You have brought such joy into my life for so many years, I can't begin to thank you enough.

For some reason, there are artists that we just feel connected to--maybe you've felt it yourself? But everything I've heard you say about the power of music to speak to us personally and to provide a shelter from loneliness, and how the best songs are inside our heads--between the singer and the listener's experience--is so true. It's why it's impossible to convey to others the power and intimacy of a song or concert experience--it belongs to each listener personally.

Anyway, your music has provided the soundtrack for many of the best moments of my life--and lots of them with other people, too, NOT just inside my head! So this is my personal "mash note" to you, Jeff Tweedy, for the joy and the depth and the communion and the good times that you and your music have given me. :cheekkiss

I'm glad you have such a full, rich life and that you have reached a point where you can revel in it all. If you never wrote another word you would have made a great contribution to this world, but I hope we can all look forward to hearing what you have to communicate to us in the future.

Celebrate!

:birthday

I wrote this yesterday for you to sing, but haven't had time to go to the shops to get a new present today, so it will have to do. Sing to the tune of ... well you know the tune.

Dunk spree

fastshow.jpg

pretty darn hilarious

Happy Birthday Jeff!! Thank you for the words and music that have given me so much joy. You are truly exceptionally gifted and I hope to be rocking out to Wilco when we're both rocking it from our rocking chairs!

Dunk spree

fastshow.jpg

friggen hysterical -- you got a gift, man!

Happy birthday Jeff. I hope this is the best birthday for you ever! The oversized macrame owl is in the mail. The address on the label reads:

Jeff Tweedy

The Loft

Chicago, IL

Please let me know if you get it! Have a diet coke or 2 for me tonight, and thanks for making such meaningful music!

By the way, I know a lot of folks would LOVE to hear the current Wilco line-up re-make the first few Wilco albums (AM, Being There and Summerteeth). That would be a dream come true!

Cheers,

Tim

Happy (kinda-belated TECHNICALLY) birthday Jeff! Hope you had a good one, and in your own words (impersonating Mavis Staples), "Let's do it again"

Not in the Central Time zone, to which, I believe, Mr. Tweedy is partial.

I love the music you've made, Jeff Tweedy.