Now Playing: October, 2010

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Artifice:

Looking at your selections for today, if you are not familiar with that Goo Goo Dolls record that I have with me today, you really should hear it. Simply a great, punky power pop record. As opposed to the sappy powerless PAP they're doing today.

Artifice:

Looking at your selections for today, if you are not familiar with that Goo Goo Dolls record that I have with me today, you really should hear it. Simply a great, punky power pop record. As opposed to the sappy powerless PAP they're doing today.

Oh yeah man. I'm an old fart (37). I remember when they were a real band. I have that one and another one of their old records somewhere - Superstar Car Wash I think it's called? I'll have to dig them up.

Oh yeah man. I'm an old fart (37). I remember when they were a real band. I have that one and another one of their old records somewhere - Superstar Car Wash I think it's called? I'll have to dig them up.

Just turned 40, myself.

I think that, at this board, as opposed to other indie/underground/hipster music boards, you are right around average.

Kinda nice for a change, no?

the-headphone-masterpiece-by-cody-chesnutt.jpg?w=420&h=420

Cody ChesnuTT - The Headphone Masterpiece

What a bizarre album. Bought it on a slight whim this weekend, because I love the Roots' cover of The Seed, and I found a brand new copy for $7. I've never really heard anything like it, but I'm really enjoying it. It's kinda like a really lo-fi 80's Prince album. Neat stuff.

I really dig that record, still come back to it every so often. I sure wish he'd put something else out, it's been 8 years.

I see he released a free single earlier in the year:

http://codychesnutt.bandcamp.com/

I really dig that record, still come back to it every so often. I sure wish he'd put something else out, it's been 8 years.

I see he released a free single earlier in the year:

http://codychesnutt.bandcamp.com/

Nice, I'll check that song out. I'm really liking how all over the place this album is. Very unique sound. Seems weird as hell to throw this out there as a two-disc debut loaded with great material then release nothing for 8 years.

I'm really liking how all over the place this album is. Very unique sound.

Yeah, very eclectic record. I love the rough lo-fi asethetic of it and how he manages to dabble in so many genres--Hip-Hop, R&B, Rock, Soul--and still make it all work.