2010-2011 NHL Season

The race commences to be able to do this

toews-cup-2.jpg

Even with all of the off loading of starters, the 'hawks have kept their stars and added some good pieces. I am optimistic for the conference finals though the beginning will be a little rocky.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the season is almost here!!!

Anyone see Cammalleri's meltdown on the Isle's new kid on Saturday? I wonder what kind of disciplinary action they will take. Niederreiter's hit could have been a little questionable, maybe blindside, but it did not look like a head shot. Even so, the spear to the neck and the slash to the ankle..... Yikes.

I'm very excited for this season. lots of parity in hockey so hard to say and predict. ive read the usual hype about Washington and Pittsburgh and Detroit, there seems to be a lot of hype with Boston Bruins too.

Ideally, I love to see Boston vs Vancouver in the Cup.

side note--I'm loving Fantasy Hockey more these days.

side note--I'm loving Fantasy Hockey more these days.

I'm taking the year off in hopes that my interest in it (and fantasy football) will be rekindled. For the past 2-3 years, fantasy sports has been more of an annoyance (and time suck) than something I enjoy.

As for this NHL season... I'm a Sharks fan, so I have the usual "excitement-mixed-with-fears-of-almost-certain-disappointment" feelings headed into the season. Hopefully the NItty/Niemi duo will prove to be a constructive competition and not a distraction, and that the rest of the team can build from last season's mostly-good run.

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of OT, but need some advice...

I used StubHub for the first time last week to get tickets to the Sharks-Ducks game down here in early Jan. Great seats for a great price... only issue is that they haven't arrived yet. They were supposed to be e-delivered on 10/22, just got an email yesterday from them saying that the STH hasn't uploaded them yet (but I'm guaranteed seats of equal/greater value or my money back if they cant do it).

Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues with StubHub and when I should expect a resolution either way. These tickets are going to be used to take my son & a few of his friends to the game for his b-day... a last-minute refund wouldn't quite cut it.

I am optimistic for the conference finals though the beginning will be a little rocky.

Boy am I prescient or what? 6-5-1 after the first 12 games. Campbell, Hossa out, and now Bolland not playing tonight and probably heading to an extended absence. Ouch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm just hoping the Canucks manage to get all of their top d-men back. I'm pretty sure that they haven't had all top 6 d-men playing at the same time this entire season. Overall though, our goaltending has been fantastic and we're rolling all 4 lines...I think there's good cause for fear!!