Coachella 2011

Yeah, there's some good stuff, but meh overall.

I will have to respectively disagree - the undercard is great. That's a nice diverse line-up especially if you like more than indie-rock. Dance and electronic music in general which has always had a bigger place in this festival. There's some great new soul this year with Cee-Loo, Lauryn Hill and Raphael Saadiq. As an ex-pat Brit I am really looking forward to seeing Suede (first US tour since their re-union) and Elbow who would both be near the top of the bill in the UK on a far smaller stage and with a far smaller crowd. PJ Harvey and the reformed Big Audio Dynamite should be great too. Having been once before I can attest the mixture of guaranteed warmth, really cool art installations, five stages, a stunning setting and a pretty chill vibe make this a really enjoyable experience.

forgetting each night's headliner, i am hard pressed to figure out who of the next three font sizes i'd be interested in seeing over the weekend...

1st night...probably black keys (who i've seen) and cee-lo green

2nd night...the kills (woh i've seen) and erykah badu (perhaps BAD from purely a nostalgia angle)

3rd night...PJ Harvey (who i saw w/ John Parish but not solo), maybe The National (i've seen a couple of times).

of all the bands there that i'd want to see and already haven't, it's pretty much just Warpaint, Menomena, Joy Formidable and Tame Impala.

The line-up looks pretty good to me. No huge surprises or amazing reunions but very solid each day. Lot of great bands at the top of the bill like Arcade Fire, the National, PJ Harvey, the Black Keys and the Strokes. I'm also thrilled with some of the bands lower on the bill like the London Suede, Mew, Tallest Man on Earth, Elbow and Robyn.

This will be my 10th year going to Coachella and it's always a great experience.

Wow, shame the mighty, mighty Elbow are down in the small print. After their breakthrough last out (my least favourite though) their arena tour status here now for the upcoming tour for the new album out in March

Would love to be a fly on the wall if Guy and JT ever met. Both real characters.