Jeff Tweedy talks about New Album to Spin

Guest Speed Racer

See? I respect the whole of SBS more than the part of LMLYFM.

How many times did I hear "Who Let the Dogs Out?" in high school, when our mascot was the Huskies? Perfectly engineered to be a big pop hit (and it was), but sweet lord almighty that grew on me more like a VD than a piece of art.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listen to full albums, too. I don't skip any songs.

I usually don't either, but I do sometimes (Lola, for instance). It occurrs to me that maybe LamNap has the vinyl and not a cd. In that case, I wonder if it's possible to intentionally scratch an album in such a way that it skips over the songs you hate. I need to start checking out the vinyl forums. :lol

If I start an album, I won't get up to skip something.

I listen to full albums, too. I don't skip any songs.

I dig, I dig.

Although if I had to, I would ride into the fiery pits of hell to hit the skip button when "Highly Suspicious" comes on while listening to MMJ's Evil Urges.

Guest Speed Racer

Yeah, most of my exposure to SBS was in the first summer of its release. It was in my car's player and I just let it run, run, run. Never really listened to it since. Point being, repeated listenings of a song did little to me but make me loathe it more.

A double album eh? If I was them I think that they will be have going to regretted that decision. Too Many duds to suckers ratio. Also predicteding Track 7 on side one sounds a lot like track four side two. A lot. Or more? Too soon too soon :no

I am a whole album or nothing person...its very hard for me to listen to an album if I only like a few tracks. I tend to not listen to singles before an album releases either, as I think it ruins the feeling of the song. The song also feels old already by the time the album releases. Kinda ruins the album experience for me.

I am a whole album or nothing person...its very hard for me to listen to an album if I only like a few tracks. I tend to not listen to singles before an album releases either, as I think it ruins the feeling of the song. The song also feels old already by the time the album releases. Kinda ruins the album experience for me.

What if the single isn't actually on the album? Would that change things?

umm..yeah..obviously if the single isnt on an album I would still listen to it. I just hate when an artist puts out a single from their album like 6 months in advance..you end up listening to the song over and over on its own, and when it finally comes on the album you don't really want to hear that song anymore.

I will probably break down and listen to the Solid Sound single though..there are certain bands I have a hard time waiting for.

Every time I've predicteded something I've been right. Just sayin'.

Well damn, how about some lotto numbers? Tonights Lotto Max would be a great start.

Guest Jules

Although if I had to, I would ride into the fiery pits of hell to hit the skip button when "Highly Suspicious" comes on while listening to MMJ's Evil Urges.

big mistake

If I

was them

I think

that they

will be

have

going to

regretted that decision

¿mistakes? But the idea is with Wilco inside me like many times long. Same in your good hope! Friendly attempt. Newer Wilco is to be more stable with gel of sintethizer holding up modern pop.

¿mistakes? But the idea is with Wilco inside me like many times long. Same in your good hope! Friendly attempt. Newer Wilco is to be more stable with gel of sintethizer holding up modern pop.

Ohhh. Now I get it....