Jeff Tweedy talks about New Album to Spin

A different Wilco-related board?

Actually it is an uncensored version of this board, specifically pertaining to the "Umm..." section of Via Chicago. I'm not sure if it's still around (forgot the address).

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm outta here..you coming too A-man?

Nearly 20 years on in the life of Wilco it would be pretty unusual if the youthful enthusiasm of its fans was the same as it was years ago. Wilco is now a mature and established band. While I have high hopes for the new album, I am not expecting any surprises. I do hope the new album provides a few raised eyebrows here and there though.

LouieB

I think when there's a lot of Wilco-related stuff to talk about people will get engaged. When there's not, it's more just general, comfortable musings on this and that, and that's really fine as far as I'm concerned.

What some people seem to miss (I'm guessing here) is some of the rapid-fire, too cool for school posts where anyone who doesn't have at least 1,000 posts on record is automatically jumped on by the veterans for asking a straightforward question or offering an observation or comment. The cliquish in-crowd vs. the rest of the world attitude is childish and very off-putting, and I can say that I don't miss it at all.

This place has has always ebbed and flowed. I like the people that left for the other board. I like the people that are still here. I get great music recommendations and learn new things all the time. I have no complaints.

What is this mythical other board?

I think it's called The wind blew me back.

As remember, it was a bit of a mess.

What is this mythical other board?

I was on the other board for a bit, but lost my password and never got back on. I believe there may be more than one other board at this point.

LouieB

Same thing happened to me...sly like a foxwell invited me. Posted once or twice. Couldn't figure out who was who and my interest quickly waned

The whole thing started when Uncle Fester farted.

Guest Speed Racer

What some people seem to miss (I'm guessing here) is some of the rapid-fire, too cool for school posts where anyone who doesn't have at least 1,000 posts on record is automatically jumped on by the veterans for asking a straightforward question or offering an observation or comment. The cliquish in-crowd vs. the rest of the world attitude is childish and very off-putting, and I can say that I don't miss it at all.

I did the rapid-fire, too cool for school gig loooooooong before I racked up 1,000 posts. How do you think I got there in the first place? :lol And I don't think I was well-receievd by anyone until like 10 posts from now.

Like all mid-sized communities, this board is full of cliques: the "I still love Wilco!" cliques, the "I still love Wilco up to 2004" cliques, the "I like Wilco but when people ask a question about the band they could have googled I poke fun at them" clique and the "the board was cool until my daughter left and I'm bored with you all" clique, whose membership has waned in recent years.

To say THE clique or THE in-crowd at VC is a pretty off the mark, in my opinion. This is really no different than a middle school lunchroom, for btter or for worse.

the "the board was cool until my daughter left and I'm bored with you all" clique, whose membership has waned in recent years.

Hmmm..I didn't say that. So if this is a clique of one, I guess that is me, but considering she left 6 years ago, I am not sure what this is about either.

LouieB

Guest Speed Racer

considering she left 6 years ago, I am not sure what this is about either.

Really, no clue? Sometimes I wonder about you. A 72-hour refresher for the man in the back:

That would be Tweedys Gurl and she is my daughter...the place has not been the same since she left five or so years ago.

It was really fun. The heyday was over five years ago. Sadly most of the folks who were here then are now gone. Some simply lost interest in Wilco, some lost interest in this board.

Wow, really? Get a life. I do believe it isn't the same with out TG and lots of other folks feel the same way. I am not bored with it because of that. I am still here. Many of the folks who came here don't anymore for other reasons.

What is boring is you picking on me for nothing. Picky picky picky.

LouieB

I did the rapid-fire, too cool for school gig loooooooong before I racked up 1,000 posts. How do you think I got there in the first place? :lol And I don't think I was well-receievd by anyone until like 10 posts from now.

Like all mid-sized communities, this board is full of cliques: the "I still love Wilco!" cliques, the "I still love Wilco up to 2004" cliques, the "I like Wilco but when people ask a question about the band they could have googled I poke fun at them" clique and the "the board was cool until my daughter left and I'm bored with you all" clique, whose membership has waned in recent years.

To say THE clique or THE in-crowd at VC is a pretty off the mark, in my opinion. This is really no different than a middle school lunchroom, for btter or for worse.

I know what you DID this weekend.

Welcome back (Jeez...)

Once again I fell for Laminated Nap's pathetic need for attention. I appologize to everyone. If someone wants to look for a reason that some of the old timers are gone, this kind of ridiculous internet behavior may be the reason.

As in the past, I don't plan to respond to this kind of attack, because all I was doing was waxing nostalgic about an earlier time (which someone else brought up anyway.) Things were more fun around here in the past and it had nothing to do with cliques or in-groups or rapid fire hipster reparte. There were more folks who were simply interested in Wilco, enjoyed Wilco, supported Wilco and the same folks were also interested in each other. Now, not so much. C'est la vie.

LouieB

Guest Speed Racer

Wow, really? Get a life. I do believe it isn't the same with out TG and lots of other folks feel the same way. I am not bored with it because of that. I am still here. Many of the folks who came here don't anymore for other reasons.

I'm just responding to what you've posted in the past few days. You say it's not the same, you say you're sad that people who have left are no longer here, you crack jokes about leaving and then you wonder why someone would infer that you're not happy here?

And you don't plan to respond to this kind of attack, but you responded twice? :lol But I'm seeking attention?