Jeff Tweedy talks about New Album to Spin

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed. I can hear Ray Manzarek coming out through those keyboards as well. I like the fuzz guitar & background vocals. Not much for Glenn to do on this one though.

Also pretty faithful cover of Nick Lowe, sounds fine.

Initial impressions: I love it. Lots going on sonically. Really needs to be listened to on headphones. Hoping the rest of the album has this much adventurousness. The drums may sound familiar to those who caught the Zoran videos. And get well soon.

Summerteeth-esque tune that meets Bridge EP Camera?

I love the mix on this though, the boxy drum sound, fuzzy bass up really high, the organ, all super good. Wilco is also usually really good when they use glockenspiel. Good glockenspiel.

WOO-HOO

...this makes up for not being able to attend the 2011 SSF...New Wilco :dancing and a warm cup of Coffee to start the day.

Can't wait to hear the rest of the new album! GREAT start!

agreed. I can hear Ray Manzarek coming out through those keyboards as well. I like the fuzz guitar & background vocals. Not much for Glenn to do on this one though.

Also pretty faithful cover of Nick Lowe, sounds fine.

Definately a vintage organ sound, I was thinking The Animals. The intro really sounds like a slowed down "I'm a Wheel". I can already picture a face melting solo by Nels in here!