Jeff Tweedy talks about New Album to Spin

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vimeo videos were removed for fear of fans cynically judging isolated takes of guitar tracks- that may or may not be on the record- out of context.

:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Just curious, since I only joined VC last year... when was the heyday of this board and what was it like?

It was really fun. The heyday was over five years ago. Sadly most of the folks who were here then are now gone. Some simply lost interest in Wilco, some lost interest in this board.

LouieB

It was really fun. The heyday was over five years ago. Sadly most of the folks who were here then are now gone. Some simply lost interest in Wilco, some lost interest in this board.

The emergence of Facebook really threw a wrench into it, too. Many of the old VCers migrated discussions over there. Some of us still drop by here somewhat regularly--I check in at least once a day--but it's certainly not the same as it used to be. That's the nature of things, I suppose.

Question for Rain Dog Too: Are you someone who checks out Wilco things a lot because you found the single's image and these videos? Did you check Zoran's page regularly for updates because he did do some video(s) on Wilco over the past year? Or was his page private before?

I wouldn't say I check out Wilco things "a lot," but with the upcoming record, I would say I've been searching for news (on the new album) more so than usual. But in both these instances, with the Single's album art and the videos, I found them accidently. With the album art, I was searching for a release date and came across that, and with the videos I honestly don't remember what I was searching for, but I found one of them posted on a blog and when I looked for where it came from I found the rest. I didn't even know Zoran had a page until finding these videos.

The emergence of Facebook really threw a wrench into it, too. Many of the old VCers migrated discussions over there. Some of us still drop by here somewhat regularly--I check in at least once a day--but it's certainly not the same as it used to be. That's the nature of things, I suppose.

The Heyday was when TWEEDYGIRL was the top poster...then she went away to college.

Also guys like RONAN

The Heyday was when TWEEDYGIRL was the top poster...then she went away to college.

That would be Tweedys Gurl and she is my daughter which is why I am here. She turned me on to VC after I turned her on to Wilco. She went away to college, but that wasn't why she dropped this. You would have to ask her exactly why she left, but it was not because she lost interest in Wilco. But you are correct about one thing, the place has not been the same since she left five or so years ago.

LouieB

I wouldn't say I check out Wilco things "a lot," but with the upcoming record, I would say I've been searching for news (on the new album) more so than usual. But in both these instances, with the Single's album art and the videos, I found them accidently. With the album art, I was searching for a release date and came across that, and with the videos I honestly don't remember what I was searching for, but I found one of them posted on a blog and when I looked for where it came from I found the rest. I didn't even know Zoran had a page until finding these videos.

Thanks. Nice and interesting. I'm more of a searcher too. I'm never going to sign up for "Alerts" via Google. I don't need 50 Alerts for the same Spin/Rolling Stone article copied word for word on 50 other websites.

I dunno -- the last wall post on that group was on December 15, 2009. And this message appears at the top of the page:

This group is scheduled to be archived: Over the next few months, Facebook will be archiving all groups created using the old groups format. When this group is archived, its wall posts, photos and discussion threads will move to the new groups format, but group members will need to be re-added.

I dunno -- the last wall post on that group was on December 15, 2009. And this message appears at the top of the page:

This group is scheduled to be archived: Over the next few months, Facebook will be archiving all groups created using the old groups format. When this group is archived, its wall posts, photos and discussion threads will move to the new groups format, but group members will need to be re-added.

I wasn't referring to that group, which I actually forgot even existed! (If I remember right, that group started only when VC was down for a few days and wasn't really meant to be a long-term substitute.) All I meant is that many of the old posters are just friends with each other on FB, and I hear more from them there than here at VC.

Oh man, mystery and intrigue! I'm sorry I missed the good stuff five years ago.

Actually in retrospect it was longer ago than that. TG graduated from college two years ago. She got into VC back during her freshman or sophmore year in high school. The years are moving so fast I can't hardly do the math anymore.

LouieB

That would be Tweedys Gurl and she is my daughter which is why I am here. She turned me on to VC after I turned her on to Wilco. She went away to college, but that wasn't why she dropped this. You would have to ask her exactly why she left, but it was not because she lost interest in Wilco. But you are correct about one thing, the place has not been the same since she left five or so years ago.

LouieB

is that Rosie?

This board was really hoppin when I first joined and it was only 4 years ago... It seemed like every time I refreshed my browser, there would be 10+ new posts.. It might as well have been a chat room. Those were the days....

For me it seems like the board really died when we had that big outage a year or two ago (can't remember exactly when). That's when a lot of VCers either migrated to a different board, or only seldom post here..

For me it seems like the board really died when we had that big outage a year or two ago (can't remember exactly when).

That's how I remember it, too.

That's when a lot of VCers either migrated to a different board, or only seldom post here..

A different Wilco-related board? Or was there maybe some loss of interest coinciding with the last two, not-very-well-received albums?

I pursued this "old days of VC" conversation, b/c I'm so curious to know what it used to be like. Interestingly, although SBS and WTA are lowest on my list, my fandom increased a few years ago as the earlier albums worked themselves deeper and deeper into my psyche.

Anyhow, I have fun being on here and talking with Wilco devotees and critics. No one else in my immediate world shares my passion for the band, so it's nice to have my "imaginary Wilco friends," as my husband likes to say!

A different Wilco-related board? Or was there maybe some loss of interest coinciding with the last two, not-very-well-received albums?

I pursued this "old days of VC" conversation, b/c I'm so curious to know what it used to be like. Interestingly, although SBS and WTA are lowest on my list, my fandom increased a few years ago as the earlier albums worked themselves deeper and deeper into my psyche.

Anyhow, I have fun being on here and talking with Wilco devotees and critics. No one else in my immediate world shares my passion for the band, so it's nice to have my "imaginary Wilco friends," as my husband likes to say!

it was just like the early 70s man!

seriously, i think the board has taken another plunge this year. personally, i've just lost interest in the internet. i'll check my favorite band's official pages for info, email and that's it. the rest is just garbage and i really don't care any more. i'll be happy to see a release date and track list for the new album, but that's all i need to know.