Two Questions

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for posting that - I tried to search for it on Youtube the other day but couldn't find it - thought it was taken down - glad it's still there! How could you not love them!

That is great that you guys are passing on the love to your kids! I'm working on mine. My husband recorded Wilco at Farm Aid from TV and it's still on the DVR. My husband's not much of a fan but is willing to humor my obsession now and then. Once in awhile we'll play it and the kids dance to Hoodoo Voodoo. The rest of that show they're not so enthused about, yet.

We listen to Wiggleworm Dads on CD in the car sometimes, and they have requested it more than once. No wild Wilco or Tweedy enthusiasm yet, though.

I'll keep working on them.

I'm patient.

Justin & Sarah are great ages to bring to the next Solid Sound Festival, Michelle. Lots of kids come, and there is plenty to entertain them. Very very family friendly, and inexpensive as well!

Plus you get to meet up with so many friends!

There...I've planted the seeds of temptation... :devil

1) I "married in" - my husband was quite shocked and upset that I hadn't heard of them before - this was when we first started dating in 1999. He first heard of them through a friend and a little known concert they did at Marble Mountain in Newfoundland in the late 90's. I continue to campaign for Wilco's return to the Rock!

2) I really never like to talk about my first Wilco concert because it never happened. After hearing them for years in the background, in the car etc... I really began to take a liking to their music (so much so, if you read previous posts, my husband was like - you need to find a new band.) Anyhow, they came to Edmonton for the first time (?) in 2005. My daughter was not quite yet 2, but already quite the little Wilco fan. We had the tickets purchased and the baby-sitter arranged and were really looking forward to that rare night out to ourselves - when the baby-sitter cancelled at the last minute. (For the record, and not to get her in trouble, it was my s-i-l, and one of her kids had gotten sick... ) Since, we didn't feel comfortable leaving our daughter with anyone else, I graciously told my husband to give my ticket to his other brother (who ended up having his very first concert experience) as long as he didn't tell me any details. Here is the kicker - I was three weeks pregnant with my second child (a boy) when this transpired. I wasn't experiencing any physical symptoms that early in the pregnancy, just full-blown emotions. I would cry at the drop of a hat! So when I gave my brother-in-law my ticket the tears were just streaming down my face. I couldn't even talk about the whole thing until about 3 years afterwards (without crying) - damn hormones. What didn't help is that when my husband got home that night I told him that he had better say that it was the worst concert he had ever been to - but alas - it was one of the best... could've killed him... What did help was taking my daughter, then 5 and a half, to her first Wilco concert last Feb - front row center seats and having Jeff mentioning that this was their third time playing in Edmonton and that we were now bringing pint sized people to the show (I just assume he was talking about my daughter and not me...) My husband, the same brother and a co-worker of his ended up back in row k. BURN!!

This is a great Wilco story! I love how Jeff loves the kids in the audience..."raising up the next generation of Wilco fans", as he likes to say. I'm sure that was a nod to your pint sized person!

:yes

That is hilarious. I literally laughed out loud. But who the hell was that guy (who fell off the stage at the end)?

Wilco needs to get back to more of that loud, loose feeling, like they had in those days.

Bob Egan

You can get the dvd by way of The DVD Project.

I believe that's this clip. There are others on YouTube. Some of THE BEST early footage of the band.

That's one of my very favorite of JHamm's (:worship) Wilco videos! That'd be Bob Egan launching backwards into the snow.

That's one of my very favorite of JHamm's ( :worship) Wilco videos! That'd be Bob Egan launching backwards into the snow.

In my house, that JHamm DVD has received more play than any other. :thumbup