Black Moon

It's cool when people don't get mad about strange things. I'm trying to decide why discussing an album that most people haven't heard is so aggravating. It's ok to take a break from this message board if it doesn't make you happy.

Hey OP, I'm glad you heard the song. I'm glad you shared some lyrics. I look forward to hearing it too. Sounds cool. :wine

Wilco "Capitol City"

Seems legit ..... (what is the emoticon for sarcasm ? :glare )

This is like being "Rick-rolled" hee hee.....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to decide why discussing an album that most people haven't heard is so aggravating. It's ok to take a break from this message board if it doesn't make you happy.

Hey OP, I'm glad you heard the song. I'm glad you shared some lyrics. I look forward to hearing it too. Sounds cool. :wine

There's etiquette to consider. If had heard a few songs at this point I would probably post within an existing thread something like "Holy crap guys I've actually heard some of this album for real and I'm really excited about it, can't wait til we all can discuss"; I would certainly not start a new thread with a song title as the subject and post the lyrics and cryptically say I heard it. That's kind of weak.

Anyway I did also tell the OP good for him, so you're not unique in that respect, either.

Apologies if these articles have been posted elsewhere, but there seems to be a need for something of substance in regards to the new record in this thread.

Here are a few impressions of some of the tracks on the new record: http://timeoutchicago.com/music-nightlife/music/14916169/wilco’s-the-whole-love

And here's a nice little piece that nicely encapsulates the sentiment behind the latest LP (despite misspelling Nels' name): http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/September-2011/Wilco-to-Release-The-Whole-Love-on-New-Label/?fb_ref=top&fb_source=profile_oneline

The record is definitely in the hands of industry and journalist types here in the US— that it hasn't leaked thus far is some kind of minor miracle considering Wilco's track-record in the past. Only a few more weeks to go (and I would be surprised if there wasn't some sort of band-sanctioned streaming option sooner than that)

Well now you all can hear it beginning tomorrow.

mike-treelights-400.jpg

Greetings and happy Labor Day weekend in the U.S., happy late summer to those of you in the rest of the world.

We've got a few announcements and then we're gonna get out of here and fire up the grills for what could be the last time this summer as a world tour awaits. So with that in mind, (Glenn: a drumroll please) here is the next group of North American tour dates. Ticketing info will follow in a week or so.

Nov. 29: Dallas TX Music Hall at Fair Park

Dec. 1: Austin TX Austin City Limits Live at The Moody Theater

Dec. 3: Kansas City MO Uptown Theater

Dec. 4: West Des Moines IA Val Air Ballroom

Dec. 6 & 7: Minneapolis, MN State Theatre

Dec. 9: Milwaukee, WI Riverside Theater

Dec. 10: Detroit, MI Fillmore Detroit

Dec. 12: Chicago, IL Civic Opera House

Also, less than 150 tickets are left for the September shows in Indy, Toronto (both nights) and Boston. And for all of our North American tour dates (in case you missed the announcement on Facebook and Twitter), we're starting the Fan Video Project this week. Details here (in short, we want you to create a video stage backdrop for the band).

If that isn't enough, we're gonna do a special under-the-radar stream of the new record tomorrow for Wilcoworld only. Here's the deal -- as a reward for your labors, ours, and those of our forefathers/mothers -- starting at 12 Noon Central time tomorrow (Saturday) and for 24 hours straight we're gonna stream The Whole Love in its entirety, at wilcoworld.net. That's right. Your first chance to hear the whole thing is tomorrow. Trust us, you'll be glad you made time to check it out.

Next up, The Whole Love is officially out and in stores on September 27 -- which is less than a month away. Have you preordered yours yet? If not, you can at our store, iTunes, the ANTI- Records store, Amazon and many indie retailers. We suggest you give a listen, maybe check out a couple of the videos we have up on the site, and then pull the trigger and order one for yourself and maybe a couple more for holiday gifts. What the heck, may as well get an early start, right?

More soon. Have a great holiday weekend.

Cheers (sound of bottles & cans opening....)

- Wilco HQ

wilcoworld.net

photo courtesy of Mikael Jorgensen

Weird how the Wilco HQ emails arrive at such a wide ranging time for everyone. Usually A-man gets them first & posts them here, and sometimes mine comes a whole day later. But sometimes not.

At any rate, it's great news!! I will certainly find a slice of time to hear it this weekend.

I'm hoping the songs will be clearly labeled (I'm sure they will be), but since it is unlikely that I'll be able to get on right at noon, I refuse to listen to it out of order.

I can't imagine that it'd be repeating like some sort of internet radio station. More likely, it'll be a stream accessible to all in the same way that the band has streamed concerts etc. in the past, but they'll just have it up for one day only.

I can't imagine that it'd be repeating like some sort of internet radio station. More likely, it'll be a stream accessible to all in the same way that the band has streamed concerts etc. in the past, but they'll just have it up for one day only.

I hope you're right. I can't remember how they did the past albums, though. I seem to remember just being able to tune into the SBS stream instead of actually clicking on something to get it started. I don't even remember WTA.