Wilco--9/20/11 Boston

Wilco rocked the Wang. Stunning sound in a beautiful venue. I can't even begin to gather brain cells from the walls of the theatre to post a correct setlist, but it started with Art of Almost, I Might, Black Moon. Then maybe IATTBYH, One Wing, BBN. Also did Whole Love , Born Alone, Dawned on Me, in no particular order. One Sunday Morning was scintillating, you could hear a pin drop. ALTWYS was in there. Shouldn't Be Ashamed, Impossible Germany, ITMWLY, Shot in the Arm. Totally rocked out the encore with Monday, Outtamind. I'm forgetting a lot. I'm not forgetting that Tweedy was smiling a lot, and the band was clearly enjoying themselves. A band that remains on top of their game.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there, right up front. I think this is the correct setlist:

Art of Almost

I Might

Black Moon

IATTBYH

One Wing

BBN

ALTWYS

One Sunday Morning

Shouldn't Be Ashamed

Born Alone

War on War

Whole Love

Handshake Drugs

Impossible Germany

Dawned on Me

Shot in the Arm

Late Greats

ITMWLY

Monday

Outtamind

It's possible I have a couple of the new tunes out of order, but I think this is right.

Art of Almost and One Sunday Morning were beyond spectacular.

I was there, right up front. I think this is the correct setlist:

Art of Almost

I Might

Black Moon

IATTBYH

One Wing

BBN

ALTWYS

One Sunday Morning

Shouldn't Be Ashamed

Born Alone

War on War

Whole Love

Handshake Drugs

Impossible Germany

Dawned on Me

Shot in the Arm

Late Greats

ITMWLY

Monday

Outtamind

It's possible I have a couple of the new tunes out of order, but I think this is right.

Flip Whole Love and Born Alone and you've got it right...

Were you shooting last night? I may need to add to my collection of Tinnitus Photography photos!

i didn't bother putting in for the show, since the restrictions at that venue are pretty ridiculous. they make you shoot from one spot, either at the back of the building or far on one wing, and then you have to leave and stow your gear. i shot there once (The Pixies) and won't do it again...i missed 4 songs in the interim of dropping my gear at my car and getting back to my seat. and i had to rent a long lens as well.

though the lights were pretty damned good. i kinda wished i had a camera from where i was sitting (center balcony, 1st row).

Some random morning after follow up as the Starbucks courses its way through my veins:

Surprised they weren't using any stage backdrop like the one they've had out so far-same as Friday night at Solid Sound. I thought the stage was missing something without it, though Tinnitus Photog. says the lights looked great from first row balcony. I was Row A (yes!) on the floor, behind the pit, and was missing the backdrop.

How could I forget The Late Greats in my original post, duh!

Some Tweedy banter:

-"Last time we were in Boston we did 39 songs. That ain't happening again. Ever. You don't want us to do that. Much better to bring Nick Lowe with us."

- when they came out for the encore, "Lets rock the shit out of this encore." And that they did.

My buddy recorded from the floor, says came out awesome, should be up on bt.etree before noon.

Today's Boston Globe review: http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2011/09/21/wilco-hits-its-mark-for-ramshackle-perfection/qI9vKrQirpRLPen5fFfvWM/story.xml

opsopcopolis

they allowed recording last night.

was it stealth or could you tape from your seat...

did you need help getting equipt into the want

what were you running.

Taping was very much allowed, not stealth at all, and no help needed getting in.

I run a very simple small rig. Sony ECM-907 > Sony Hi-MD. Sound pretty good for what it is, but I'm sure the guy that was taping with a big looking rig with nice mics in row L will sound much better than mine

Some random morning after follow up as the Starbucks courses its way through my veins:

Surprised they weren't using any stage backdrop like the one they've had out so far-same as Friday night at Solid Sound. I thought the stage was missing something without it, though Tinnitus Photog. says the lights looked great from first row balcony. I was Row A (yes!) on the floor, behind the pit, and was missing the backdrop.

How could I forget The Late Greats in my original post, duh!

Some Tweedy banter:

-"Last time we were in Boston we did 39 songs. That ain't happening again. Ever. You don't want us to do that. Much better to bring Nick Lowe with us."

- when they came out for the encore, "Lets rock the shit out of this encore." And that they did.

My buddy recorded from the floor, says came out awesome, should be up on bt.etree before noon.

Today's Boston Globe review: http://www.bostonglo...FfvWM/story.xml

Looked like a great show peeps! Please post the Globe article so we don't have to sign up for useless shit tracking, Globe sucks BTW. Encore was bombah...

Other than the new material which really works live (with one or two exceptions), Handshake Drugs was the highlight of the show - I have seen that performed a number of times but last night both Nels and Pat brought it up to another level entirely...

Venue was great, sound was stellar but the ushers were a tad bit distracting especially as they paraded late arrivals in through Nick Lowe's set...

*** amazing venue, I'm an NYC guy but the acoustics & atmosphere rivaled anything I've seen at radio city, including wilco in 04

*** Jeff's solos (ALTWYS, ITMWLY) wild!

*** I didn't really mind the short set list as there was a great flow to the show & little filler (BBN notwithstanding)...probably helps that I'll be at central park & know those shows will be longer

*** played 7 TWL tunes & killed them all...one sunday morning, sublime!!!

*** cheers all!!!! hope to see many of you at central park...don't forget your ponchos!