We're coming up on the 10th anniversary of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

April 2012 will be the 10th anniversary of the official release of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.

I'm wondering if there has been any word of a special anniversary release.

I know there are quite a few outtakes out there, demos, extra footage from I AM TRYING TO BREAK YOUR HEART, live shows recorded.

It probably doesn't need a remix, but there should be plenty of extras floating around.

April 2012 will be the 10th anniversary of the official release of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.

I'm wondering if there has been any word of a special anniversary release.

I know there are quite a few outtakes out there, demos, extra footage from I AM TRYING TO BREAK YOUR HEART, live shows recorded.

It probably doesn't need a remix, but there should be plenty of extras floating around.

I would be down for a box set that included official mastered versions of the demos floating around, a couple of soundboard live shows and maybe some live video from that era.

On further reflection, I can't see this happening.

I believe the litigation tha Jay instigated is being pursued by his estate; therefore, I don't imagine either side is very interested in revisiting this.

I believe the litigation tha Jay instigated is being pursued by his estate; therefore, I don't imagine either side is very interested in revisiting this.

Not to mention so much was leaked, Jim ORourke is my favorite producer ever, that a lot of the core followers have anything they would put out. Was just thinking about Jay this morning, and it is sad that the person I believe brought summerteeth to where it belonged fell so hard and fast. Have a feeling it was the painmeds, but the guy was a visionary. Very conflicted on his legacy,and some day will sit down and try to define and absorb it.

One final thing. You made "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" ten years ago, and it remains Wilco's most successful album to date. Have you discussed any sort of reissue including material that didn't make the cut? Anything you'd want to revisit?

That is sort of a recent trend, isn't it? I think that there's enough stuff there that it might be kind of a cool thing, and it has been discussed a little bit. There's a whole other version of the record, like an earlier rough-mixed version of a lot of the songs that's been circulating, bootleg-style, for a long time. It would be nice to maybe have it be all in one place a little bit more officially, but there hasn't been any specific plan put in place as of yet. It's likely to happen at some point.

http://m.billboard.com/news/wilco-s-jeff-tweedy-on-the-whole-love-diva-1005373072.story

I'd love to see them make all of the originally-recorded files of one or two of the tracks (not sure which would be best candidates - kamera maybe?) available for folks to download & re-mix - give us all a chance to play Jim O'Rourke.

April 2012???It was out before Sept 11, 2001...I remember streaming it before I saw them at the Electric Factory back in Sept 2001...It really wasn't released til April 2002? My memory is hazy but I didn't remember waiting so long to pick up the album officially!

April 2012???It was out before Sept 11, 2001...I remember streaming it before I saw them at the Electric Factory back in Sept 2001...It really wasn't released til April 2002? My memory is hazy but I didn't remember waiting so long to pick up the album officially!

Yep. I was working in a record store at the time. April 23rd, 2002. They did stream it prior to release in 2001.

Yes indeed. It was finished and was streamed prior to that date, and you've indicated, they were already on the road playing those songs. But the official release was April 2002.

9/11/01 was the actual original release date had Wilco stayed with Reprise. Considering YHF's cover and that line from Jesus, etc., it's probably fortunate that the band got shit-canned. That's too many coincidences for conspiracy theorists to ever let Wilco get away from. That day was bad enough.

9/11/01 was the actual original release date had Wilco stayed with Reprise. Considering YHF's cover and that line from Jesus, etc., it's probably fortunate that the band got shit-canned. That's too many coincidences for conspiracy theorists to ever let Wilco get away from. That day was bad enough.

I think there's another thread around here for it, but on the 9/11 anniversary this year, a handful of publications churned out some articles that forged/forced connections between YHF and 9/11/01. They were more demonstrations of poor research and squeezing a square peg into a round hole.

I'd love to see them make all of the originally-recorded files of one or two of the tracks (not sure which would be best candidates - kamera maybe?) available for folks to download & re-mix - give us all a chance to play Jim O'Rourke.

I lack talent, but this is a great idea. I would love to hear what people do with the album.

I read a interview with Jeff in a Spanish magazine (http://www.elpais.com/articulo/portada/musica/tiempo/elpepuculbab/20110910elpbabpor_3/Tes) that the litigation has been archived. Also, when asked for his 'cool' reaction to Jay's passing he says 'what else could I do?...It's better being cool than overreacting, giving the circumstances'

• 2 months later...

Bumping to reiterate my desire for an anniversary release.

One thing i'd like to see is some extra I Am Trying To Break Your Heart footage. Specifically footage of Jeff and Jim O'rourke in the studio (footage i assume probably exists but wasn't in the film at all). This, i believe, was the most interesting part of the recording of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, and yet it wasn't included in the film at all. I would love to see what some of those sessions were like.

It would be neat if they did, but I doubt it. Wasn't it released on April 23? I can't remember, but I think that was the day.

I remember when I got a leaked copy in my mailbox from someone on the board. I listened to it for hours and hours and thought the strings on "Jesus Etc." were the coolest thing I had ever heard.

For what it's worth, my listening to the Demos and Engineer's Demos FAR outweighs my listening of the studio release. It would be great to get that stuff in an official capacity.

As for more film footage, I'd buy anything and everything I could get my hands on from the making of that album (and the time period around it). I started listening to the band because of that album.