With the announcement of the Metro show, I am over the moon with anticipation! Hope to get a ticket but since I struggled with the Riv and the Vic, I have low expectations of snagging a Metro ticket, but I like the whole idea of the smaller and smaller venues. Where will they play oin the 16th? The loft at the original Potbellies on Lincoln? Good Lord.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just fun speculation, that's all. So where do you think they'll play next?

And Guster is playing about the same size venues as Wilco, so they're still definitely around and doing well. They are funny guys too. I love reading their newsletter. "Dear Gusterrhoids"

Maybe Sue can renew the lease on Lounge Ax... saw Jeff there a long time ago but honestly remember very little of it

Autumn defense has played Lincoln Hall a few times... Ok, here's the dream: Schuba's

I really do wonder if they will schedule yet another Chicago show following this one. Next step would be what...Lincoln Hall? Schuba's?

Anyway, good luck and congratulations to anyone who scores tickets to this show. I would try to go, but I'm a poor college student. Still content with being able to see them at The Vic, of course!

Next step wouldn't have to be smaller. They go up in size from Opera to Riv then down and down again. that said, I don't see them doing any place huge given that there is a risk it wouldn't sell out because of all the other shows.

Cool to see them playing new places. Congress or Logan Square could be new options.

Next step wouldn't have to be smaller. They go up in size from Opera to Riv then down and down again. that said, I don't see them doing any place huge given that there is a risk it wouldn't sell out because of all the other shows.

Cool to see them playing new places. Congress or Logan Square could be new options.

I could be mistaken here, but I got the sense that the general idea of this was to play progressively smaller venues the way Dylan did a few years back. Civic Opera House, at least according to its Wikipedia page, has a capacity of 3,563. The Riv is listed on various sites as having a capacity of between 2,300-2,500. And on downward with the Vic and Metro. So it seems to me anyway that the next show will somewhere smaller than Metro. Maybe not smaller by much (which is one of the reasons Park West makes a lot of sense) but smaller nonetheless.

Oh, and please anything but the Congress. That place is awful for concerts, IMHO (not that it would fit into the smaller than Metro category, anyway). :no

If they add a 5th show, I really hope they avoid using Park West. That place is great for a mellow caberet type show but I don't think it works well for rock shows. The dimensions are weird, and those booths in the back/middle are awkward.

If it wasn't December, I'd guess they could do a free outdoor concert ala Radiohead in Grant Park. Go smaller and smaller w/ the venues, build hype and excitement, and then do a huge free event that would draw a HUGE crowd. Not sure if this would be feasible in December, but maybe they could do it indoors somewhere too.

Last thought... What do you think these shows will be like? Nick Lowe is only opening at the Opera House so will there be other openers or more of an "Evening With" type show. Any chance of "theme nights" where they play a set of new stuff and a set where they do a full-album YHF set. So many possibilities....

I could be mistaken here, but I got the sense that the general idea of this was to play progressively smaller venues the way Dylan did a few years back. Civic Opera House, at least according to its Wikipedia page, has a capacity of 3,563. The Riv is listed on various sites as having a capacity of between 2,300-2,500. And on downward with the Vic and Metro. So it seems to me anyway that the next show will somewhere smaller than Metro. Maybe not smaller by much (which is one of the reasons Park West makes a lot of sense) but smaller nonetheless.

Oh, and please anything but the Congress. That place is awful for concerts, IMHO (not that it would fit into the smaller than Metro category, anyway). :no

Saw the Pogues at the Congress. They would do better at the corner of South Water and Lake than that shitbin. I am sure it is a historic venue, but so is the Colleseum in Rome and it is also off limits.

Not sold out yet! Tickets will get released after 5 minutes (when credit cards are declined). If the button is blue (Tickets currently not available), that means it's not sold out yet. REFRESH!

PS got one!

EDIT: I've seen the buy button come up a few times. Keep refreshing...