"Umm..." forum gone

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife says that you can tell that our dog really loves me by looking at his face when he is near by.

Consider this the begining of "Occupy the Removed Ummm Forum" This aggression will not stand man. I'm not leaving. I have pitched my cyber tent and will soon have cyber body odor and will be playing my cyber didgeridoo and hitting the cyber bong and am fully prepared to take a cyber dump in this cyber coffee can in my cyber tent if that is what needs to happen.

Wow. I just happened to check in on the RTT last night for the first time in several months. A wistful sadness enveloped me as I remembered all the crazy fun times we had in there -- before it was banished to ummville and after. Jess the pics you've posted lately on FB would have been at home there.

End of an era.

The end of an era indeed.

IT WAS the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way- in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

It WAS.. the Umm...

The umm… forum was deleted off the main page of the website this morning. Though the forum will no longer be active, everything is in the process of being archived and will be migrated back into the boards within a few weeks. I'm handling the technical side of things, which undoubtedly means there will be a few screw ups, but I'll make sure we save everything.

The decision was based primarily upon relatively low traffic there in the past year and a feeling that Tongue Tied Lightning was strong enough to carry the weight of all non-music topics. I thank everyone who contributed there and I promise we'll have those threads visible again soon.

--Mike