Any Word on Crowd Rules?

There is a sitting, standing etiquite I try to follow. LEt he whose name is entered into the book of standing too soon be cast in to a lake of fire is sort of my working motto. That said, I have been watching set lists and Art of Almost is showing up third, I Might fourth. Seriously want to jump at the break in Art of Almost, and must be up and flailing for I Might. Has this been an issue? Will I be pummeled with hate? I don't care, I am bouncing when the mood hits, but I am worried looking at set lists.

I hate to make this like yahoo answers with follow up info but no choice. When the time hits, I go. And while I have nothing pre planned, I Might invites an aisle performance art piece involving faux solar car driving, neck shave cutting, and Slim Jim celebration. IT just happens.

Here's what you do: when you feel like standing, stand. When you feel like sitting, sit. If you are sitting and you can't see (and this is a problem for you), stand or politely ask the person in front of you if he wouldn't mind sitting or moving to the side so you can see. If the number of people standing in front of you makes this impractical, stand or accept that you will not be able to see until you stand or the people in front of you sit. If you are standing and someone behind you asks you to sit or move to the side so they can see, either sit, move or explain to the person behind you that you are compelled to stand and that she should stand or move if she wants to see.

In short, act like an adult human being and you shouldn't feel like you need to apologize to anyone.

Here's what you do: when you feel like standing, stand. When you feel like sitting, sit. If you are sitting and you can't see (and this is a problem for you), stand or politely ask the person in front of you if he wouldn't mind sitting or moving to the side so you can see. If the number of people standing in front of you makes this impractical, stand or accept that you will not be able to see until you stand or the people in front of you sit. If you are standing and someone behind you asks you to sit or move to the side so they can see, either sit, move or explain to the person behind you that you are compelled to stand and that she should stand or move if she wants to see.

In short, act like an adult human being and you shouldn't feel like you need to apologize to anyone.

Need more be said? Close the thread. :lol

Sitting during the exciting moments of a football game is kind of weird. Complaining about other people standing is hilariously ridiculous.

Sitting during a rock concert (no less a Wilco concert) is just plain bizarre.

Celebrate life. You paid to see a band you love. What good would it do our hearts to stand and dance a couple hours. You can sit at the computer, most people can sit at work. Let us stand, dance and be joyful.

Hate all you want. I will either be in my seat cutting, no, evicerating, a rug when the last minute 20 of Art of Almost comes on, and I will be damned if I sit for I might. These are two songs that must be addressed. Period. I must display my version of the Whole Love. It is my birthright.

The old warhorse sit or stand debate is raging again in the Dallas show thread here. Personally, I feel rock shows are for rocking out. I think the beat is there to get everybody moving and physically involved, even if its just a little sway or clap or something. Sitting still while rock music is being played is very weird to me, but each to his own, I suppose. What I find ridiculous is sitters trying to impose their preferred way of enjoying a show on those who would like to stand and dance.

Being in your alloted space, whether you choose to sit or stand, is what you paid for. Sitting is an option and if you choose to sit you might not get to see what you want. This is not the opera, its a frickin' rock show, people. Its my opinion sitters at rock shows have no grounds to think they have a right to an unobstructed view and its ridiculous of them to angry because someone in front of them wants to stand. I think shows are better when people rock out and I wish everyone would do their part to make the show good and stand up!

Well...apparently you can't EVER sit at a Wilco show or you aren't getting in to it.

And you will get a shortened encore.

Sitting during the exciting moments of a football game is kind of weird. Complaining about other people standing is hilariously ridiculous.

Celebrate life. You paid to see a band you love. What good would it do our hearts to stand and dance a couple hours. You can sit at the computer, most people can sit at work. Let us stand, dance and be joyful.

Like ..oh wait, this is not Facebook. I still like . :thumbup

It's not a stinking Texas A&M football game where you are required to stand.

It's a rock concert. Sometimes you want to stand and groove, dance or scream.

Sometimes you want to sit and enoy.

YOU are not going to dictate to me how I am going to enjoy a show.

And I won't tell you to sit down when I'm sitting. I will probably stand and groove with you.

Why must we keep beating the shit out of this subject?

It's the internet.

It's what we do.

Saw the band in September and had 3rd row seats. Stood up the entire time, no question.

When I saw the band in October, for the 1st night we were in the balcony of the Ryman in the obstructed view section, and a lot of people around us were bummed by the view (frankly I could be behind the stage behind a curtain and be happy just hearing it). My boyfriend and I stood up from the moment the band took the stage. We let the people behind us know that we were going to stand. That we'd traveled a good bit to be there, and we were excited, so we were going to stand. About 6-7 songs into it, there was a guy directly behind us who started to say super loud derogatory comments directed at us for standing. Specifically at me. Very hurtful things. I turned around and asked him if there was a problem, he dismissed the situation, and I was still deeply offended by the insensitivity. I could have let it ruin the experience completely, and complained about it for weeks after, instead after the song I just stood right back up and kept dancing. That's what Wilco's about.

I think it's a rock show. You should stand up, if you have the ability and inclination to do so. If you don't, you can still hear the music just fine. Under no circumstances should it EVER be okay to bully someone into sitting down, or for that matter to stand up.

The 2nd night at the Ryman we were close to the front on the floor. I DID sit down for a few minutes here and there through out the night, because my feet were really tired. We'd stood all day waiting for the last minute tickets. Overall I stood the whole night.

It's all about personal preference.

I alternate sitting/standing whenever the macrame owl blinks.

:rotfl

I wouldn't dare. But I will tell you how I enjoy it. I'm sorry if it sounded like a command, I meant it as a celebration.

I think it's like a dance.

If everybody in front of me is sitting...I'll sit so as to not bother the people behind me. (As I did Tuesday night)

If everybody in front is standing...I'll stand. (as I did Tuesday night...even though he was the only person standing)

If the spirit moves me...I will stand or sit, as the case may be. (AS I DID TUESDAY NIGHT)

If there are seats in a venue, there usually is a bit of a constraint in the ability to stand comfortably...sloped floors, narrow width of standing space.

Just use some common sense and courtesy. And if somebody is standing and you want them to sit...maybe you should stand. Or vice versa.

Just don't be a jerk about it.

Any word on this yet?

I think it is in official 'beating a dead horse' mode now.

deadhorse2.jpg