How many are too many?

I have four...one I gave to my son. He now has three.

It's an embarrassing number (9). In fact I even made a separate stack of Wilco t-shirts. And that doesn't even include the gray hoodie.

But one of those shirts is a real prize possession with a cool story behind it. Remember that moment in IATTBYH, backstage, where a girl is telling John she doesn't have anything for him to sign and she says "Sign my ass." Well, this is the t-shirt that got signed by everyone in the band at the time--Jeff, John, Jay, Glenn and Leroy. It's kind of hard to read, but John wrote "Cori sign my ass." Apparently, Cori left the shirt with her ex-BF and he put it up for auction years later on eBay. I just happened upon this auction and saw the story and put in a bid, thinking that there'd be tons of bidders, but I was the only one and I got it for about $25! I had a chance to mention it to John after a recent show and he said, "Yeah, I remember. I knew that girl, too. I should have signed her ass! That would have been the rockstar thing to do!"

Anyway, here's the shirt. . .

Wilco t shirt.jpg

I have 9.

The black ramones style tee

The blue radiator ring tee

The brown kicking TV tour 2006 tee

The red sky blue sky release shoes tee

The black road trip 2007 tour tee

A purple shirt with cursive that says Wilco

The Wiilco tee with their faces as cartoons

The evening with Wilco tour tee

The Wilco (the album) release tee

The Whole Love album release tee

The Whole Love tour tee

A couple of these don't fit. A couple of them I gave to my boyfriend, but still counted.

Four tees. One sweatshirt 'Attack With Love'. I did have a 5th tee that I had ordered online. When it arrived I was lucky if it fit my youngest daughter, so I sorta did a 'Pay It Forward' and sent it off to a young die-hard Wilco/Tweedy fan in Jersey who was having a rough time. :angel

I have one and my wife has one.

I have also made two of my own. Is this illegal? I used images of past Wilco posters from their site, printed off onto iron on transfers...

Perhaps I shouldn't be admitting this here. I don't sell them, I wear them all the time and I figure I'm plugging the band where I go so...

I only have 2 Wilco shirts right now, but I have a couple dozen from other bands. When I go see a band on tour, especially a band that seems to be just getting by and living out of a van, I try to buy at least a couple of shirts. (I guess it helps that I don't make it to shows as often as I used to!)

The last Lucero concert I went to I bought 4 shirts for myself and 2 for my kids -- the girl at the merch booth was happy to say the least. ;)

I think I've got 3 or 4. I also made one for myself, using graphics from the Wilco rest-stop off the highway in Pennsylvania and it's adjacent mobile chapel.

I'm still waiting for them to make one with my signature quote from the Rock The River show in 2000.

i just got four new ones delivered today... not all mine, but a few years ago i started a "dad Christmas tradition" of everyone getting a new one under the tree. Thank you wilco for your November sale! :rock

As for as Wilco shirts in the house? I would guess all totaled probably 25 :shy

I have also made two of my own. Is this illegal? I used images of past Wilco posters from their site, printed off onto iron on transfers...

Perhaps I shouldn't be admitting this here. I don't sell them, I wear them all the time and I figure I'm plugging the band where I go so...

I've wondered about that, too! I remember seeing a kid at Solid Sound 2010, with a shirt that had a handwritten message on the front: "Wilco is Best." Also, since the quality of the shirts they sell online and at the merch tables are so spotty, all the more reason to come up with your own!