So Out Of Tune - Streaming Wilco Concerts

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here... "Firefox can't find the server at www.sooutoftune.org." Been trying all week.

Yeah, I try every day & it's now gotten worse, and reached that same point when I try too...hope this sorts itself out at some point...

Has anyone considered installing one of the browsers that DOES work? It took Chrome a little over a week for it to work after the thread was started, now it works wonderfully. Just sayin'..

OK I just downloaded Chrome, and I still can't get in!!

The best I can get is this "

"This is Google's cache of

http://sooutoftune.org/

. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Feb 8, 2012 01:43:03 GMT. The

current page

could have changed in the meantime.

Learn more"

I get to the "cached" page & can see what it looked like then, but can't interface with anything from it. Too bad.

Is the deal that I have to keep loading this for a week on that browser?

I really appreciate the effort, and am far from tech savvy, but the set up on this seems, to put it diplomatically, questionable, at best.

Good intentions, appreciate the effort, and hope that mine pay off eventually as well...

Yeah, as I said before, I have tried pretty much daily on my home computer using Firefox (my default browser), Chrome, Safari and IE. I still can't get in at home. I also have Sony's internet TV that uses Chrome as a browser and that doesn't work either. BUT my work laptop, which uses IE as a browser, loads the site beautifully and I've been listening to the shows at work constantly. This seems really bizarre, since the firewall at work blocks many sites (like ebay and music downloading sites). I'm so happy I can still listen at work but I'm afraid "the man" is gonna get wind of this and block access.

The fact that I can get in at work makes me think the problem may have to do with some underlying setting on my home computer, but I'm damned if I can figure it out.

I apologize for not replying sooner, but it's been one of those weeks.

First, thanks to everyone trying out the site and providing feedback, good, bad, and ugly.

The intermittent issues appear to be DNS-related, not due to which browser you're using. I haven't been able to recreate it myself, so troubleshooting has been slowing going. I am still working on it, however, and will keep you guys updated.

I'll be adding more shows to the site. If you have any requests, let me know and I can put those up first if I have them.

It's pretty new so you probably don't have it yet, but the Santa Barbara show (2/10/12) sounds like it was great. And Oakland on 1/3 was a dream setlist. The Norva (Norfolk, VA) on 9/27/2004 is a sentimental favorite of mine, too.

Personally, too, I'd love some Tweedy solo shows. In particular, he did an acoustic Bull Black Nova sometime within the last year that I would love to hear. Anyone know when that was?

Hi, all.

I've got a new site up in beta called So Out Of Tune. It hosts streaming audio of audience-recorded live Wilco performances; in other words, you can listen to Wilco shows on-demand over the internet. It's all free and only hosts shows in accordance with the band's taping policy.

I thought the board would enjoy it, so check it out. It's in beta at this point, so any feedback - good or bad - is much appreciated. I'll be adding more shows, so although the selection is limited now, it will be much, much larger in the future.

Such an amazing and friendly thing for you to do! Thank you so much! Already found a couple of shows on here that I attended and have been wanting to experience again :) Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Some potentially good news for those who have been unable to access the site. I discovered that my web host was missing some DNS records that would prevent web browsers from being able to properly look up the site address, and they corrected this last night.

I recreated the issue myself, and I saw it resolved afterward. However, this change has to be copied to every ISP's servers, which can take days, depending on how often they update their records. I expect everyone will be able to use the site within a week.

Let me know if you continue to experience issues.

WilcoMe - Sadly, I don't have any of those three dates. If someone here does and wants to share, I'd be glad to post them. I will, however, look through my Tweedy shows for "Bull Black Nova."

It's pretty new so you probably don't have it yet, but the Santa Barbara show (2/10/12) sounds like it was great. And Oakland on 1/3 was a dream setlist. The Norva (Norfolk, VA) on 9/27/2004 is a sentimental favorite of mine, too.

Personally, too, I'd love some Tweedy solo shows. In particular, he did an acoustic Bull Black Nova sometime within the last year that I would love to hear. Anyone know when that was?

You can search Wilcobase, or the After The Show thread to find out such things.

Also - to find out if a recent show has appeared in torrent form, you can check out the In a Future Age section.

One of the reasons we created The Wilco Live Show archive was so older shows can be found and downloaded. I don't think I have ever seen the 9/27/2004 show anywhere though. I don't think there is a source for that show out there at the present time.

You can search Wilcobase, or the After The Show thread to find out such things.

Also - to find out if a recent show has appeared in torrent form, you can check out the In a Future Age section.

One of the reasons we created The Wilco Live Show archive was so older shows can be found and downloaded. I don't think I have ever seen the 9/27/2004 show anywhere though. I don't think there is a source for that show out there at the present time.

Thanks, and after a search, I found out that the Tweedy solo show I was thinking of was the Door County Auditorium on 7/8/11.

The problem for me is that unless a show is in mp3 form, I can't seem to get it to download. Or rather, I can download but I can't seem to convert to mp3 so I can actually play it and move it to iTunes, etc. I'm sure it's some technical stumbling block that a more tech-savvy person than I could fix, and when I finally get around to upgrading my old Dell to a snazzy new Apple, it'll probably be easy. But for now I've beat my head against that brick wall too many times. So I'll just live with what I can find in mp3 format or what some kind stranger is able to burn for me on CD or--now--what the fabulous tommyjacobs is able to upload to sooutoftune.org.

Thanks, and after a search, I found out that the Tweedy solo show I was thinking of was the Door County Auditorium on 7/8/11.

The problem for me is that unless a show is in mp3 form, I can't seem to get it to download. Or rather, I can download but I can't seem to convert to mp3 so I can actually play it and move it to iTunes, etc. I'm sure it's some technical stumbling block that a more tech-savvy person than I could fix, and when I finally get around to upgrading my old Dell to a snazzy new Apple, it'll probably be easy. But for now I've beat my head against that brick wall too many times. So I'll just live with what I can find in mp3 format or what some kind stranger is able to burn for me on CD or--now--what the fabulous tommyjacobs is able to upload to sooutoftune.org.

I don't mess with Mp3s. But - it is not hard to convert FLAC files to Mp3 files. You just have to mess with it a little bit until you get it.

Try this (one example):

How to convert Flac files to Mp3 using windows

Been super busy, but meaning to post...that...I'M IN!!! Thanks...don't know what changed...but...on any & all servers, at both home & office...all good to go...GREAT site, & well worth the wait!!

Such a great site. :yes I'm listening to the Jeff solo show at Abbey Pub from June 12, 2002 right now. I've always wanted to hear this show and it does not disappoint. It seems to be one of the first times Spiders (Kedsmoke) was played--he introduces it as a new song and the crowd seems unfamiliar with it. There's some great banter in this show as well.

• 5 months later...

Was looking for something a little different from live Wilco or Tweedy so I checked out the Minus 5 & Wilco performance from 9/15/2001. After a few Minus 5 songs I couldn't resist checking out the early Wilco. That night's version of Ashes of American Flags, perfomed just days after 9/11, is mind-blowingly amazing. It's always been one of my faves off YHF, but this pre-album version is fully formed and hits you like a ton of bricks. Highly recommend.

• 2 months later...

Hey, gang. Just wanted to let everyone know that new 2012 shows are going up on So Out Of Tune. We took a longer than anticipated hiatus to sort out some technical back end challenges to allow us to expand our library, and that's in place now.

We have a number of older shows queued up to be added as well. If there are specific shows or features you'd like to see added (mobile support? new show notifications?), shoot me an email at info@sooutoftune.org or post in thread.