Spring Tour !!!!!

With the last March Show on 3/11 and nothing till Hangout (5/18-5/20), I think there is time in there for a nice small tour around the south and or east coast.....come in boys, Florida (FLA) loves you guys.

EDIT IT IS HAPPENING JUST LIKE I DREAMED IT UP

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask and ye shall receive, apparently! From Facebook:

Wilco heads to the Southeast US in May. The dates: 5/10 Arkansas Music Pavilion, Fayetteville; 5/11 Sloss Furnaces National Historic Landmark, Birmingham; 5/12 Thalia Mara Hall, Jackson; 5/14 Morsani Hall at the David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts, Tampa; 5/15 The Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater, Miami Beach; 5/18-20 The Hangout Beach, Music and Arts Festival, Gulf Shores.

Pre-sale Weds. 2/22 at 10AM local time, at http://wilcoworld.net/

does anyone know anything about Sloss Furnace? I am thinking about trying in the pre-sale tomorrow. If it is GA that will seal the deal for me.

I read the reviews of the 2009 show there in the After the Show forum and all signs point to GA.

"totally awesome and unique venue! The actual space where they have shows sort of looks like a giant airplane hangar from the outside, but inside it's much smaller than you think. And man, the entire place is really, really eye-catching and a testament to a certain era in American history.

This venue sounds really cool/neat.totally awesome and unique venue! The actual space where they have shows sort of looks like a giant airplane hangar from the outside, but inside it's much smaller than you think. And man, the entire place is really, really eye-catching and a testament to a certain era in American history."

"And a few reviews say it suffered from overcrowding. It's almost as if the reviewers have never been to a show without reserved seats. I kind of thought it was undersold myself.... "

"This venue sounds really cool/neat."

YES! I am going. Deal sealed. It's a week after my 25th birthday, and it would be the 1st show my husband and I will get to see together (we'll be hitched by then). So excited. Already thinking good pre-sale vibes. I will get in line at 5AM to be front row...

Tampa CC!!!!!!!! Mother's Day present to myself. :D

You win...for now...lol

how long after start did those come up...mine came up 1st pull.

Other good tickets keep coming up...saw GG, a, b after I pulled.

Not thrilled with that I am on the end of the row....at least on Nels side.

With the last March Show on 3/11 and nothing till Hangout (5/18-5/20), I think there is time in there for a nice small tour around the south and or east coast.....come in boys, Florida (FLA) loves you guys.

EDIT IT IS HAPPENING JUST LIKE I DREAMED IT UP

Umm...could you more specifically ask for an East coast leg now? Thank you.

I can't believe they are pandering to the incessant whining of the Via Chicago Floridians!!!!

I'm so happy for you who will get to see this mini-tour! Have a blast. :thumbup

I'm gonna side with the shoulder on this one. It's all about ME, and whether or not I can get to a Wilco show on less than a 1/4 tank of gas, and still get home by bedtime. Pandering should begin and end at home, as in MY home. So, yeah, Louisville or Cinci, or right here in Lexington would be just fine. So there.

Anyone else have major issues ordering tickets online during the presale this morning? I was logged in at 10 am sharp and pulled up row A tickets for the Fayetteville, AR show.....I entered my payment info.....and then the website wouldn't advance any further. I could click the "next" button (or whatever it's called on that page) over and over again, but nothing ever happened. Kept trying until I lost the tickets due to a timeout, and then tried again....pulled row D tickets....and the same thing happened. I finally called FrontGate's customer service (while continuing to try online) and got someone to sell tickets to me, but at that point the best we could get were mid-way back on the far right side. I've been to 30+ Wilco shows since the AM days and never had problems before (and quite a few of the recent shows have been purchased through FrontGate), but I'm extra bummed this time because we're taking our 5 year old daughter to her first ever concert. We're still excited about the show, but pretty bummed that we didn't get the front row tickets that I pulled up originally!!!

I read about freezes like that in the pinned post at the top of this board. That's really a bummer. I would be upset if I were in your shoes too. Sorry about that, but I am sure the show will be awesome from where you and your family will be sitting! Hope it's an awesome time for your daughter!