Spring Tour !!!!!

I read about freezes like that in the pinned post at the top of this board. That's really a bummer. I would be upset if I were in your shoes too. Sorry about that, but I am sure the show will be awesome from where you and your family will be sitting! Hope it's an awesome time for your daughter!

Thanks Sarah! We'll have fun regardless....I have seen Wilco from all angles and locations in venues, and it's a great show no matter where you sit. And if I had pulled up the tickets we wound up with in the first place, I probably wouldn't be the least bit upset. But it's tough to have front row tickets staring at you and then lose them due to technical issues!!! I just hope another fan wound up with those seats and not a scalper....

And yes, I can't wait to tell my little girl that she gets to go see Wilco with us this time! :-)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tampa DD 8-11!!!!

I can't wait. My first wilco show was at this venue in 2005, and that was a wonderful show! I highly, highly recommend looking for that one to download, and not just because I was there. It has all the elements of a great wilco show. After 100s of boots I have collected from them, it stands very near the top.

At that show tweedy complained about the front row being too far away (there is space for a small orchestra there 15-20ft or so). when he did this, people jumped up (including me) and I ended up leaning on the stage in the center for the rest of the show. Hopefully this will happen again!

The other cool thing that happened was this girl a couple people over from me was on her cell phone during "kingpin". When the screaming section came up, tweedy took the phone from her and ended up talking to her mom on the other end! It was really really funny

DD 8-11!!!!

I can't wait. My first wilco show was at this venue in 2005, and that was a wonderful show! I highly, highly recommend looking for that one to download, and not just because I was there. It has all the elements of a great wilco show. After 100s of boots I have collected from them, it stands very near the top.

At that show tweedy complained about the front row being too far away (there is space for a small orchestra there 15-20ft or so). when he did this, people jumped up (including me) and I ended up leaning on the stage in the center for the rest of the show. Hopefully this will happen again!

The other cool thing that happened was this girl a couple people over from me was on her cell phone during "kingpin". When the screaming section came up, tweedy took the phone from her and ended up talking to her mom on the other end! It was really really funny

Tampa???when did you pull those (at 10:00 or after)...I was at that show and JT had shout out to my 13 year old at time...we will be going together (now 19).

You win...for now...lol

how long after start did those come up...mine came up 1st pull.

Other good tickets keep coming up...saw GG, a, b after I pulled.

Not thrilled with that I am on the end of the row....at least on Nels side.

First try at exactly 10AM. Center seats. I almost dumped them thinking that they were much further back and I might do better on second try. D'oh!

It was tampa, I forgot viachicago doesnt show your city.

I got them at 10 on the dot

I remember when he shouted out to the kids there, haha

Do you have a copy of the show?

Yes

This recording.

Wilco 2/16/05

Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center

Carol Morsani Hall

Tampa, FL

Source: dAUD (17th row DFC)

SP AT853 (cards, HRTF) > SP BatteryBox > JB3 (16/44.1)

Transfer and Tracking:

JB3 (1394) > Creative PlayCenter > CDWave > F

I live in Cooper City (Ft. Laud area) but I always road trip for Wilco and I now do my own recordings...so I will be recording this show

Okay, so the best thing in the world happened to me today! Wilco added a Florida date in St. Augustine on May 16. It happens to be my hometown, with a beautiful amphitheatre that is just perfect for Wilco. Any of you out there within driving distance, I highly recommend this venue!

Someone pinch me please, this really is a dream come true! :D Can't stop smiling!

Living in Melbourne, I am stoked to see the new St. Augustine date! I am so there on the pre-sale on Wednesday. Can everyone do me a favor and wait until I get front row? (the closest I have been is row 8 last year in Indy - the opening show). And by the way, I'm kidding about waiting. Let's rock!

Bob

Anyone have any idea what the ticket limit is for the St. Augustine show presale? A friend and I are going and together we need 4 tickets. I suspect it'll be a madhouse at 10AM on Front Gate and we don't want to get our signals crossed. Of course, no one is there to answer this question right now. Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do we know who is opening May 10 - 19 in the US?

I don't think a support act has been announced yet for the May run, but Kelly Hogan just posted on her Facebook status that she'll be opening the July 3 show in Davenport. Yay! :thumbup

It's getting kinda close for not knowing the opening act.

Can it be Blitzen Trapper? Please?

A quick check of High Road Touring shows Purling Hiss as openers for WIlco May 10-19 - can't say I've heard of them.