Wilco songs they play that you don't want them to

Just wondering how many times a year are you folks seeing Wilco? How many shows a year is the average VC'er catching?

I typically see them between zero and two times per year.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paying to watch a band is stalking? Actually, it's the dedicated fans will will pay to see more than one show in a blue moon that enables the band to return frequently enough for someone to see them on a whim every once in a while. To use the U.S. term: put up or shut up. To use a Europe analogy, it's like Greece or Italy bitching at Germany complaining about money instead of bailing them out more frequently.

Yeah, because of course whitout people like you this band wouldn't tour at all... I think you are overestimating yourself (as usual with self-proclaimed "true" fans). And you might not be aware of this but those other people at a particular show payed as well and like or not but the majority of the people who splashed their hard earned cash on a Wilco-show usually want to hear Jesus Etc. and IATMWLY instead of a lot of deep A.M. cuts or something. Hell, they currently even play a few of those more obscure songs every setlist, there are not a lot of bands who do that.

Many rockin' granddads as myself still prefer hearing live I'm a wheel to You and I, if that was your meaning

No, I agree with this, prefer I'm a Wheel as well. You & I is mom-rock.

As someone who recently moved to Arizona after spending his whole life in northern Illinois/southern Wisconsin, I just hope the midwestern folk realize how lucky they are to get to see the band multiple times a year. It was something I took for granted. They just played in Phoenix and I don't expect to see them again for another 2-3 years.

You can say that again! Can't tell you how much I've had to travel out of state to see my bands since I moved to AZ 6 years ago.

Wilco have played in AZ twice in that time, not near enough for me.

Indy81, you should consider coming to see The Mother Hips at the Compound Grill on March 22. They are really good. http://www.motherhips.com/news/index.htm