Who's going to Red Rocks? Roll Call!

I know its well over a month away and the May run hasn't even started yet, but I'm getting excited anyway. So who's going? I'll start the list and you can add to it if you are in.

Shug & Laurie (flying in from AZ)

Pinche Tacos looks good. Got any other food recommendations for Denver? We are staying downtown between LoDo and Central Business District. Not sure where others are staying or how the logistics for a meet up will be, but it'd be nice to meet some board folks, even if only at the show.

Thanks for the food recommendations. I'll definitely be checking out that taco place, and maybe more. We'll be staying at the Hotel Monaco (the package deal) and I guess we'll naturally be meeting with others who are part of that group. But since there will be a bunch of Wilco fans at that hotel--I assume--maybe the bar there, or something nearby, would be a good meeting place. Not sure when, though--I haven't looked closely at the schedule. Maybe brunch or lunch in Denver will be more feasible. I guess we'll figure out more as the big weekend gets closer.

Pinche Tacos looks good. Got any other food recommendations for Denver? We are staying downtown between LoDo and Central Business District. Not sure where others are staying or how the logistics for a meet up will be, but it'd be nice to meet some board folks, even if only at the show.

Hit Pete's Kitchen on Colfax for late night eats. Also, Shug, there are a couple "GD" bars in town my buddy runs. If time allows, try Quixote's True Blue (2150 Lawrence) which has live music just about every night. Great outdorr patio w/ stage, too. Or, Sancho's Broken Arrow on Clarkson and Colfax (right next to the Fillmore).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in - flying in from SF just for Saturday. Any recommendations on a good place to stay? Since it's only for one night we didn't do the package deal and won't have our own transportation either.

Cheers!

My wife and I wanted more of a luxury experience so we opted to stay downtown in a nicer, expensive place, Hotel Teatro, and rent a car for this trip. But for My Morning Jacket in August, my buddies and I got a place closer to the venue (like 6 miles away, still not that close), the Sheraton Denver West (still had to rent a car to get to the show). They had a good deal for a two night stay (I realize you are only staying one night). Another choice about the same distance is Marriott Denver West rooms just over $100, I hear. As for staying very close to the venue, it seems the options are far more limited and are definitely in the budget range for what you pay and what you get. Not sure how you are gonna get to the venue if you don't have a car, there might not even be any rooms within walking distance, but I don't know that for sure. Renting a car is by far the cheapest option to get to and from the show that I found, unless you have a large group of like 10 people to split the cost of a limo. ( I did not, however, investigate public transportation, if there is any).

Thanks Shug. Teatro is booked. I'm considering other options now like the Curtis and Jet. We have no idea how we're getting to and from the venue yet but weren't planning on renting a car. Any idea how much a cab is from downtown and if there are usually some outside Red Rocks after the show?

i've already got tickets, but i'm trying desperately to win this this week from KBCO

All this week we have your chance at a private concert during the soundcheck for their show on Saturday, June 23rd, followed by a backstage tour of Red Rocks and VIP tickets at the soundboard for the show that night!

i've already got tickets, but i'm trying desperately to win this this week from KBCO

All this week we have your chance at a private concert during the soundcheck for their show on Saturday, June 23rd, followed by a backstage tour of Red Rocks and VIP tickets at the soundboard for the show that night!

7am, 11am, and 4pm. Giving it my best shot!

My husband and I are flying in Friday morning. Our flight gets in at 9am, so we will be looking for things to do until check-in at the hotel. Any suggestions for a nice breakfast/lunch spot?

We booked the hotel package deal and would be happy to meet up with some folks.

Can't wait for Red Rocks!!!

Just a thought--why don't those of us who are doing the Hotel Monaco deal see if we can get someone at the hotel to maintain a list of people who want to meet up, along with room numbers and contact info? The first person to get to the hotel can ask to get the list started and everyone who arrives subsequently can take notes about the previous arrivals and add their names to the list, if they choose to do so. It's a pretty high end hotel and I think they pride themselves on customer service, so I don't think this would be too much to ask. And we're Wilco fans after all, therefore by definition a congenial and persuasive bunch. (All those years of trying to convert our friends to the way of the Wilco surely has honed our social skills!)

My roommate's flight and mine arrive at about the same time--11:00ish--and we're planning to wait for each other and catch a cab or van service into town. If anyone else gets there about the same time, feel free to let me know. The more the merrier/cheaper!

I'll be at the Hotel Monaco pretty early. I'm flying in on Thursday night and staying at the Warwick so I can get up early on Friday to remote in to work for a couple hours. Once I check in at the Monaco, I'll probably just sort of hang out and wait for my roommate to arrive. I'll be the short-haired redhead with black rimmed glasses in the Wilco shirt lol! Two weeks from today!

Candi