• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a huge Sopranos & Wire fan but on a whole Breaking Bad's (IMO) better....can't believe I've gone through the 4 seasons 4 times!!!!

Won't be surprised if they continue foreshadowing a year ahead throughout the season like they did with the crash in Season 2.

Amazing television

Was a huge Sopranos & Wire fan but on a whole Breaking Bad's (IMO) better....can't believe I've gone through the 4 seasons 4 times (& I pick something new up every time)

Won't be surprised if they continue foreshadowing a year ahead throughout the season like they did with the crash in Season 2.

Amazing television

Well ya know....

these things work ;)

But really-

Like I said before, I loved the cold open. Walt looked terrible, like he's been through hell. Not near the same swagger as what we saw in the rest of the episode. To me, that means something tragic has happened (or he's done something tragic). So many possibilities, but I wouldn't be surprised if some (or all) of his family dies before this is all over. I think the M60 is going to be used for revenge against those who harmed him.

Aside from that:

Love that Mike is playing a big role early this season... hope that continues. He knows that Walt is still in over his head, despite what his ego is telling him. I think he's just sticking around long enough to get Jesse to realize this. Also "Keys, scumbag. It's the universal symbol for keys." was classic Mike.

Hank going through the superlab's remains, focusing in on the surveillance cameras (because they didn't match w/ Gale's drawings, I suspect) was intense. I think the showdown between Hank and Walt might happen sooner rather than later. At least I think he's going to suspect things about Walt very, very soon. (The preview for next week seems to set the stage for that, too)

And Ted's not dead! But he sure as shit is terrified of Skyler now. lol.gif (I bet Walt's still going to kill him, though.)

Only part I thought was clumsy/unnecessary was how Saul/Walt connected the dots re: how Huel lifted the ricin cig off of Jesse and how Walt poisioned Brock. They had established that well enough with last season's closing shot... they've never really spoon-fed the audience plot lines like this before, I hope they don't think they need to do that now it's a more popular show.

Also - it occurred to me as I was watching it on Sunday is that one of the things I appreciate most about this show is how there's no gap between seasons. We pick up right where we left off. So many shows (Dexter comes to the top of my mind) would benefit from this approach. Cliffhanger to end a season; immediate consequences & fallout to start the new one.

That confrontation scene could not have been better. Walt bullies her into admitting that she's inferior to him, she retaliates with a not so subtle reminder that he's already a dead man. That and the pool scene makes this my favorite of the season so far.

• 3 weeks later...

This show is just beyond great. The only thing that frustrates me is how there are some fans who go online and post comments that are mindlessly critical of episodes, or even whole seasons (i.e., they are bored by scenes with Skyler, etc.) I really feel like it's a case of pearls before swine. It reminds me of when people used to complain about The Sopranos being too slow. Aargh! Like winterland said, the writing is subtle but brilliant.

I'm glad this is cutting off at the 5th season. Great character arc. If it went on for longer, it'd get real boring.

This season so far hasn't given me as many "OH SHIT!" moments like seasons 3-4. But I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Anybody else notice that all the wives on most AMC shows are total bitches? Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Walking Dead etc...

I'm glad this is cutting off at the 5th season. Great character arc. If it went on for longer, it'd get real boring.

This season so far hasn't given me as many "OH SHIT!" moments like seasons 3-4. But I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Anybody else notice that all the wives on most AMC shows are total bitches? Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Walking Dead etc...

...the devil made me do it