• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Hank confronted Walt, I thought the whole  “If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly.” was kind of arrogant and corny.  But afterall he is Heisenberg.  Otherwise really good scene though.  One of the best of the series.. 

I actually figured it out on my own as it aired; I'm pretty good at finding Easter eggs in various forms of media. My first success came when I watched Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher" video for the first time on MTV 30 years ago. I noticed some numbers written on the chalkboard behind the dancing teacher and knew that they must have some sort of meaning, so I recorded it on a VCR and paused it a few times while I copied them down. It was a simple code that yielded a secret message -- try it yourself by watching the video on YouTube!

The BB burial scene was filmed on Navajo land, so the producers didn't want hundreds of GPS-guided fans showing up with shovels in hand, so they agreed to use the studio's location.

I had a feeling that Walt was going to take that angle with Hank, but I thought it would be more of a direct confrontation.  Doing it via a confession tape was priceless.

And nothing good is going to come from Todd telling Uncle Nazi about the train heist...

Absolutely brilliant writing for Walts "confession".  How the events in previous seasons (like Walt paying for Hanks medical treatment) tied into it is genius..

And Jesse's implosion continues.. Wow, the last scene.. I'm afraid his days are numbered...   

The Writer's Room on the Sudance channel had the writers of Breaking Bad on (plus Bryan Cranston).  It was a pretty neat thing to see what goes into the show.  No spoiler information or anything, just fascinating.  

http://www.sundancechannel.com/series/the-writers-room/videos

Speaking of spoilers Dean Norris spoils the end of Breaking Bad.  Ok not really but it is super awesome:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/636264ec55/dean-norris-spoils-breaking-bad

I have read half a dozen online articles about it, but I just can't get my thinking in line with the logic of Jesse's reaction, in light of the fact that the doctors told him it was lily of the valley that poisoned Brock, not ricin.  If it wasn't ricin, then how does Jesse make the leap that Walt stole the cigarette and poisoned Brock?  He wasn't poisoned with ricin.  And even if Walt had Saul/Huell lift the cigarette, how does that lead to Walt having poisoned Brock with lily of the valley?

What a great show. Found myself forgetting to breathe tonight while watching, just totally on-the-edge-of-your-seat television.

By the way, if anyone wants to create a little spoiler for himself, check out the total cast and crew listings on imdb.com. If it's accurate, there will be some interesting characters making an appearance on one of the final four episodes. If you can resist the temptation, well, more power to you! :lol

Could be flashbacks, or something weird: like a dream sequence, a la The Sopranos. Hard to guess at this point. Every time I think I know what will happen next, my expectations are subverted. But I have resigned myself to pretty much giving up on trying to figure things out. It's more fun to just enjoy the ride at this point.

Could be flashbacks, or something weird: like a dream sequence, a la The Sopranos. Hard to guess at this point. Every time I think I know what will happen next, my expectations are subverted. But I have resigned myself to pretty much giving up on trying to figure things out. It's more fun to just enjoy the ride at this point.

not having seen IMDB cause I don't want to be spoiled, but I hope it is not a dream sequence.  

Aw, come on, a scary, Dali-esque dream sequence in the desert would be awesome!

if this were mid last season or early this season I would say yes.  But there is too much stuff to get through in only 3 episodes.  Also I am not wild about a flashback, either.  

Well, I would not guarantee IMDB is right...but there is one episode among the final four which lists some old familiar faces. Maybe it was a technical glitch on the site. Either way, I am curious about everything that happens on this show. I haven't been this "into" something since The Sopranos.

Vince Gilligan hasn't let us down yet. In fact, the writing is so full of twisty-turny surprises--and not contrivances--that I have faith they'll do us proud for the last few episodes as well. As you said, Mr. Heartbreak, I'm just enjoying the ride!

yes.  Not sure how I feel about all the stuff Walt said in the call to Jesse while in the car, and him bolting to the site of the money without any thought or hesitation.

but I remain loyal and trusting that it will continue to spin and kick ass.

I bought it, and I was pretty breathless during the last 5-10 minutes. I honestly think Walt never even considered Jesse as a potential rat. It wasn't so much a confession as a recitation of what he had done for him.

Of course, if he had thought it through (which I doubt he had), there is also the distinct possibility that none of it would be admissible evidence. I don't think Hank has done anything like get a warrant for a wiretap. He may be head of his office, but he still needs to go through the proper channels, and he hasn't done that at all. Gomie is along for the ride, but that's about it.

Totally obsessed with this show. I am already wondering, "Will I need to get a Blu-Ray player now so I can watch the box set when they release it?" :lol