• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what an endlessly fantastic show.

Having a debate with a friend of mine last night. We both agree that The Wire is the best television show ever made. However it is my contention, that depending on how Breaking Bad ends it could surpass The Wire.

Having a debate with a friend of mine last night. We both agree that The Wire is the best television show ever made. However it is my contention, that depending on how Breaking Bad ends it could surpass The Wire.

Yes.

best TV show ever was the 1st 4 seasons of West Wing. After that would be Deadwood. Then Lost. Then some giant smattering of Wire, Breaking Bad, Full House, etc. etc.

best TV show ever was the 1st 4 seasons of West Wing. After that would be Deadwood. Then Lost. Then some giant smattering of Wire, Breaking Bad, Full House, etc. etc.

That is not how the game is played. I sense the need for another thread.

• 10 months later...

Finally caught up to the series and look forward to watching the end of the series, via Amazon instant.

The full head of hair, might just mean that Walt stopped taking treatment.

The garage scene was indeed great. Hank was perfect.

Seems like it might be true: he was on a chemo drip when Saul called, and he did go throw up in the middle of dinner. I suspect he is at least telling the truth about that.

I never seem to believe the cancer thing.  It seems he is pretty healthy for going through cancer treatments.  But hey that is just me.  

I can't wait until the final episode and Walt wakes up in bed next to Jane Kaczmarek  and says he had the strangest dream.  

I never seem to believe the cancer thing.  It seems he is pretty healthy for going through cancer treatments.  But hey that is just me.  

I can't wait until the final episode and Walt wakes up in bed next to Jane Kaczmarek  and says he had the strangest dream.  

Well, he's also taking some kind of meds in the flash-forward scene with the machine gun. Be kind of funny if they turned out to be just sleeping pills or pain pills or something, and the show creator was playing us the way Walt is trying to play everyone else.

KevinG, do you doubt that he ever had cancer or that it's coming back?

I really don't know what to believe anymore.  I am not taking anything for granted.  But in general yes he had cancer.  Though I am having my doubts that it came back. 

knowing the little I do about chemo and cancer I don't think he could be doing what he does if he was going through that.

BTW this is awesome:

http://lego.gizmodo.com/finally-a-breaking-bad-lego-set-that-you-can-actually-1115406010

Spoiler alert: Vince Gillgan confirms in this interview that Walt's cancer is back (unless, like I said before, Vince is playing all of us).

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08/11/breaking-bad-creator-vince-gilligan-spills-on-midseason-season-premiere-s-big-plot-twist.html

My predictions:

Jesse will go MIA for a bit, and it will be a race between Hank and Walt to find him. Walt wants Jesse to kill Hank for him, of course, and Hank will want him to turn state's evidence against Walt and go into witness protection.

Hank will get to Jesse first, and Jesse will roll on Walt, but it won't matter; Walt will already have gone to Saul and gotten his disappear card, new identity, etc., and split for New Hampshire as Mr. Lambert.  Hank will also inform Maria and they will confront Skyler, who will break down and apologize profusely. As soon as Walt learns what's happened, he goes to Saul (who says it will be a "he said/she said" thing, no need to worry). At that point, Walt will leave for New Hampshire without his family.

Jesse and Skyler will be good candidates for witness protection, but they won't make it that far. Those "moving parts" that Lydia mentioned will be coming for a day of reckoning. They will take out most of, if not all of, Walt's immediate family, which is why the house is abandoned just a few months later and the next door neighbor freezes in terror when she sees Walt come back.

Walt will be in New Hampshire when it happens, so there's nothing he can do but come back and try to exact some kind of revenge on everyone who he feels wronged him, including Jesse and Hank. He will kill Jesse and, as he has with so many other victims, he will take on the characteristics of his victim (leather jacket, giving away money). Stricken by remorse for killing Jesse, he will retrieve the ricin for himself and go after the players who killed his family (Todd, the skinheads, etc.). However, he won't be able to get Hank or Maria, who will be the last survivors.

In the end, he will take the ricin and, because his immune system is already compromised from the return of the cancer, he will have a more severe, quicker reaction than a normal person: basically throwing up blood, foreshadowed by the ridiculously comic - but noticeably lengthy - Star Trek script detailed by Badger in the Blood Money episode. As Vince Gilligan has alluded to, the end of the show will be a kind of "victory" for Walt: he dies on his own terms.

Interesting ideas.  There are so many theories being thrown around you wonder where it'll go.  I will say this, /r/breakingbad has been a major time-waster for me lately!

I can see a lot of what you wrote happening, but I don't see future-Walt coming back to go after Jesse or Hank, but rather solely to take out Lydia, Todd & the others.  The only shitty thing I see him doing to Hank is threatening Marie's safety to keep him quiet.  But who knows.

I do agree that something tragic is going to happen to Skyler, Walt Jr. and/or Holly... that seems almost a given at this point.

But I have a weird suspicion that the future shown in the flash forward scenes will be coming sooner than expected; within the next 2-3 episodes.  Everyone assumes they're from the show's finale, but I have a feeling they're a precursor to how things will actually end.

But I have a weird suspicion that the future shown in the flash forward scenes will be coming sooner than expected; within the next 2-3 episodes.  Everyone assumes they're from the show's finale, but I have a feeling they're a precursor to how things will actually end.

If they decide to jump ahead in time a bit, that could be the case. I don't assume they are the show's finale, but Walt is turning 52 at that time. That means there are about 9 months to go until that flash forward is taking place. It will be a wild ride, that's for sure.

For those who can't wait until Sunday night to continue the speculation, this was kind of a fun read. Great for Deadheads too:

http://theweek.com/article/index/247882/breaking-bad-do-the-final-8-episodes-titles-reveal-the-ending

I was right with at least part of my prediction: Hank getting to Jesse before Walt, and Skyler apologizing (though she did stick with Walt...surprising). I definitely expect Jesse to flip. Whether he survives to tell the tale is another question.

I did not truly foresee the return of Todd and the scary bunch around him, although I mentioned it. Now, I think they will either recruit Walt or try to take him and his family out. Todd clearly has no problem taking out civilians of any age. This could get even more brutal and ugly, and quick.

I don't think Jesse is going to flip. Jesse doesn't like Hank very much - also I seem to remember Saul getting a restraining order against Hank for Jesse, perhaps it has expired or I am wrong about that or perhaps it was just a threat. Can't see Jesse saying anything to the police - he hasn't in the past.

I think Todd and the crew he is part of will go after Walt and his family, too. Mean bunch. The whole cover your eyes bit was great, especially the "fire in the hole" directly followed by "sorry about that".

Skyler's holding her own pretty well, too.

Lydia is the dangerous one, despite her demeanor.  Now that Declan's gang is out of the picture, she's going to need to do something to compel Walt into cooking for her again.  We haven't seen much of RJ Mitte yet this season, just sayin'.

You can make a few guesses about how the season progresses by looking at the episode names for the remainder of the season. The writers love to attach multiple meanings and hints to the names of the episodes.

"Confessions" (Jesse? Hank? Skyler?)

"Rabid Dog" (Todd? Walt?)

"To'hajiilee" (Site of their first cook and location of the buried money.)

"Ozymandias" (Walt's empire and/or family crumbles into dust?)

"Granite State" (Walt runs off to New Hampshire and buys an M60 machine gun.)

"Felina" (Anagram of 'finale.' Walt uses the machine gun.)

The GPS coordinates that Walt took at the location of the buried money actually point to the studio in Albuquerque where BB is filmed.