• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I like NY's signing of McCann better. Yankee fans are worried about signing Cano. With or without him, if they don't acquire about four quality pitchers, the Yanks are wasting their money. So much for avoiding the luxury tax threshold next season...

Anybody have the skinny on what the Sox offer to Ellsbury was? Just curious.

According to Gordon Edes:  "Source close to negotiations said Sox offered Ellsbury a six-year deal for less than $120 million. A 5 yr/100m offer also was on table."

But Nick Cafardo at the Globe writes "The Red Sox were never comfortable crossing the five-year, $100 million mark, though we still don’t know what their final offer was."

A.J. is thoroughly entertaining.  I wish he was heading back to the Twins with Mauer moving to 1st.

Or back to the White Sox --- Glad Konerko is returning - it would have sucked if this past dismal White Sox season was his last.

I don't know, he will not be paid much and last year was first truly bad year in a while. I assume they gave him a physical and he is healthy (for his age).

I don't like the idea have only Dunn as your option at DH and I do give some credence to Abreu needing some adjusting to the MLB and I think Konerko will be a good fit for that role, as well in the club house.

Phil Rogers had a decent piece about the subject.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/cws/phil-rogers-paul-konerko-unselfish-to-return-to-white-sox?ymd=20131204&content_id=64400780&vkey=news_cws

I have been a bit shocked and definitely disappointed by what I have been reading on Rangers' sites about the trades. Apparently, there are a not insubstantial number of Ranger 'fans' who are upset that the Rangers are trading off all of their white players.

I swear to Jebus that I never expected anything of this nature.

I have been a bit shocked and definitely disappointed by what I have been reading on Rangers' sites about the trades. Apparently, there are a not insubstantial number of Ranger 'fans' who are upset that the Rangers are trading off all of their white players.

I swear to Jebus that I never expected anything of this nature.

People are stupid. What else is new?

People are stupid. What else is new?

I don't know...I just keep expecting people to be better than they are or can be.

I don't know...I just keep expecting people to be better than they are or can be.

Which player and his contract would they rather have, Hamilton or Fielder? I'll take Prince's pounds over Josh's baggage any year. I don't give a screw what color they are.

Word is Jay-Z almost blew it when he backed out of a nine year/$225M deal. It really pissed off the president of the Mariners. They should have let that door stay shut at that point. Owners have short term memories when it comes to lengthy contracts.