• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to be granular, but kyle kendrick should not be coming out for the bottom of the seventh tonight

hope im wrong

Another sacrifice bunt attempt for Elvis in the first inning.  I think Wash has done too much coke over his lifetime.

...and he advanced Kinsler to 2nd and was safe at first himself! Good move.

Screw that. Threw the opponent off.

They were playing the Cubs - a batter simply walking to the plate, throws them off. Of course, now, renovations to Wrigley will rectify that all, just like finally getting lights, did.

Is that sarcasm?

Maybe, a little bit, but what else would explain 5 wild pitches in an inning, by two different pitchers.

The whole renovation thing has been tedious. The Cubs should do what they want with their product/park, but I think they should focus a little more on their actual team.

Maybe, a little bit, but what else would explain 5 wild pitches in an inning, by two different pitchers.

The whole renovation thing has been tedious. The Cubs should do what they want with their product/park, but I think they should focus a little more on their actual team.

Gotta come to defense of my Cubbies, I have been a cub fan since birth.  And listen, the Cubs aren't good right now and anyone really expecting them to be is dreaming.  They are trying to dig themselves out of some aging players and bad contracts (from back when they did focus on the team and had one of the highest payrolls in baseball).  They have a good crop of young minor leaguers that should be good for the team for a long time.  With the added revenue of the renovations and more night games (which I believe is a lot more important then you would think) it is going to do wonders for the team.  

So the product on the field right now is not great, the bullpen is a mess, it will get better.  Theo is doing it right, not fast.  Hey it has been over a hundred years, I can wait 5 more.    

I'll still watch/listen to every Cubs game, I'll still will be heartbroken when they lose and scream when 5 wild pitches are thrown in an inning, but I through thick and thin I will be with the Cubs.  

So they are focusing on their team right now you just can't see it.

I didn't realize Keith Moreland replaced Santo in the radio booth.  I've always liked him.  He always did a good job in the booth for the Longhorns.  And he was a little league coach where I umpired in college.  Had some good conversations with him over the years.

I didn't realize Keith Moreland replaced Santo in the radio booth.  I've always liked him.  He always did a good job in the booth for the Longhorns.  And he was a little league coach where I umpired in college.  Had some good conversations with him over the years.

Super cool.  Keith is quite good but he will never replace Ronnie.  A true fan in the booth is always fun.  For my money there is no better play by play man in all of sports then Pat Hughes.  He makes even the worse games bearable.  

"If this plan is approved, we will win the World Series for our city," Ricketts of the Cubs, who have not won a championship since 1908 and haven't played in the World Series since 1945. The 1908 and 1945 Series were both played against the Tigers.

It's just statements like the above that makes my eyes roll --- I come from a long line of Cub's fans - my father and grandfather, oddly both born and raised on the south-side are/were diehard Cub fans - so I get it.

I am Sox fan, but I not the type of Sox fan who hates the Cubs - I wish them the best - but they always seem to come up with some excuse.

An aside - for the longest time I always thought my dad was a Sox fan, because he only took us to Sox games (70's), though we watched and listened to both teams. One day I asked if he was more of a Cubs fan than a Sox fan - he told me he was more so a Cubs fan - I was like what the hell - "How come we never to a Cub game" - he said "I hate driving on the north side - there's no parking." :lol  He still doesn't like going to Cubs game - though I have taken him there over the years. One game,  (Sept. 20, 1998: The Cubs celebrate "Sammy Sosa Day" at Wrigley Field) was a blast and probably one of the best days my dad and I spent together.  

Okay, back to the sacrifice bunting saga....(which I am for, when the time calls for it).

http://arizonasports.com/?sid=1627307&nid=132

The D'backs owner may want to let his employees handle in-the-moment-issues with fans. He kept insisting that the back of these fans' tickets states that those seats require you may not wear an opposing teams' gear. It is stated nowhere on the ticket, or the website, or anywhere. For as much as these seats costs, they should come with free D'backs gear anyway, if he wants the home plate box to be an advertisement. I understand his desire, but his execution stinks.