We may be about to witness an epic collapse of a dynastic baseball franchise.

Things are looking really grim for the Bronx Bombers.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on to your seats, both the Chicago White Sox AND the Cubs are in first place right now! Its gonna be a WILD season!

There are now officially NO second guessers in Texas about the decision to let CJ walk and sign Darvish.

(Not that there were any I was aware of).

Darvish was masterful last night. He is so polished and poised. Easily the best pitcher to come out of Japan.

He is certainly the ace of the Rangers staff.

On another note, I was shocked when Elvis' extension was announced. Especially since he is a client of Scott Boras.

This will have some interesting ramifications for the Rangers. I am fully convinced that the Rangers will not be trading Profar. His upside is just too appealing. This means that Ian Kinsler had better get a first baseman's mitt broken in and also start taking some fly balls.

I don't have any idea if the Rangers wil fall apart like they did in 2000 after they let a two time all-star, power hitting man child outfielder, but I am really interested in seeing how this club deals with all the offseason turmoil.

Well, it was probably worse in 2000 because the Rangers traded Juan Gonzalez for a handful of magic beans. The Rangers have either managed to trade or loose in free agency THREE of the marquis players of the franchise. Gonzalez was traded and Pudge and Hamilton left for free agency.

Of course, there's a new regime that lately seems to be making mostly right moves.

Back to my point that I have rambled well beyond, the Rangers have several really good middle infield prospects. Profar is the one that is most likely to be ready for the bigs, but there are at least two others that could be good trade bait.

And, I note that in the Angels extra inning win, Pujols, Trout and Hamilton went 1 for 14. Aging power hitters on the decline and a possible sophomore slump? My scahdenfreude is acting up again.

On another note, I was shocked when Elvis' extension was announced. Especially since he is a client of Scott Boras...

...and Andrus was do to become a FA when Jeter's contract is up. Surely, Boras would rather have waited to have Yankee money involved in the process. The Bombers will have tax reduced by then and will be again handing out the $$$.

There are two opt-out clauses for Elvis. He may not be a Ranger for life.

shit dude, let's give it a few weeks before declaring declines and/or slumps :lol

You obviously don't understand the deliscious nature of schaedenfreude.

phils win

phils win

phils win

i hope to say that at least 270 times this year

this post counts as 3!

...and Andrus was do to become a FA when Jeter's contract is up. Surely, Boras would rather have waited to have Yankee money involved in the process. The Bombers will have tax reduced by then and will be again handing out the $$$.

There are two opt-out clauses for Elvis. He may not be a Ranger for life.

Yes, there are opt out clauses...but there also no NO TRADE clause either.

Both sides gave on this deal.

How bad are the Marlins? Their cleanup hitter is Placido Polanco!!!! I see Stanton setting the new record for intentional walks and Polanco doing the same with the grounding into double plays mark.

P.S. Brian Roberts blew a knee tendon last night. I'll give him credit. He lasted three games, that's two more than I thought he would.

Epic Pitching performance by Ranger Rookie Nich Tepesh.

This kid has pitched 305 inning of professional baseball and only 95 innings above A ball.

Things that should be eradicated from baseball (in order of importance):

1) Pitchers hitting in the NL

2) Charging the mound/Brawls

3) Collisions at home plate -- Verducci had a good column on this the other day

4) The Wave

5) Sacrifice bunts (If Wash bunts with Elvis in the first inning again, so help me God...)

So the NL should adopt the DH, eh?

I like the sac bunt. A nice option to advance runners. Good for NL pitchers that are hitting, too.

Yes.  And with year-round interleague play, now is the time to do it.  It will probably happen soon.  Hopefully.

A sacrifice bunt is nothing more than a waste of an out.