Glenn on TV commercial for Delta Faucets

Given how much Glenn sweats when he performs, endorsing faucets seems like a pretty good play. :)

Fire sprinklers might be even more appropriate.

Woah, I totally saw this the other day.  I thought he looked familiar, but it didn't register; I guess I didn't picture the band as the type to do commercials.

This is just Glenn, but the "band" already did commercials several years ago for Volkswagen.  Those were controversial at the time, this one is very cute.  No musician in their right mind would turn down this type of job.

LouieB

Guest Don Draper

This is just Glenn, but the "band" already did commercials several years ago for Volkswagen. Those were controversial at the time, this one is very cute. No musician in their right mind would turn down this type of job.

LouieB

The "band"?

That was not a values jugdment at all on my part, I just didn't peg them as the type.

The "band"?

That was not a values jugdment at all on my part, I just didn't peg them as the type.

Glenn is in the band, but also a musician in his own right.  He had a career before he was in Wilco and has a career as an individual now.  I don't think Wilco had anything to do with him doing this commercial.  I assume he has his own agent that negotiates such things for him or he does it himself. 

You must not have been around in the days when the car commercial was showing. Maybe someone can unearth the thread on that, since it was controversial, but few artists don't do ads anymore if they are approached about one.  About the only famous one I can think of off the top of my head is Neil Young and he has plenty of money anyway.  Most of the rest of the dinosaurs have done them and just about any indie rocker at this point will take the bait too. 

The whole "selling out" issue seems so 1960s any more.

LouieB

• 6 months later...

Boy,this commercial really has legs. I've been seeing it a lot recently, including on tonight's Jimmy Fallon. It doesn't seem like most TV ads stay in rotation this long. We must not be the only ones susceptible to Glenn's charms.

Just bought a faucet.  It was not one of these.  I don't trust that new touch technology.  I just know at some point it will start flowing and not stop.