Solid Sound 4

I'm hoping he's wrong, but I just talked the owner of a couple motels around North Adams and he tells me they were told that there would be no SS next year but there would be the two following years and that they will be on the Fourth of July weekend.  He didn't sound too thrilled about that, I think Tanglewood usually does a pretty big show that weekend so rooms are probably already pretty scarce. 

I really hope he's wrong.

I wasn't expecting one next year..i thought I read that SS would be an "every other year" event from now on.

As for July 4th weekend...good thing is that I wouldnt need to take as much time off work, bad thing is that travel and lodging expenses will most likely double.

maybe we could petition that awfully capable guv'ment of ours to move the holiday just this once to accommodate us.

they all seem to be an agreeable lot.

The 4th would suck for me too. I always have to work on big holiday weekends. But I would just have to announce my intentions way in advance and find someone to cover for me--nothing's gonna keep me away from Solid Sound. As to the hotels increasing their prices, I think they're about as high as they ever get during SS. I wouldn't think the innkeepers would be crazy about this idea, though. One less blockbuster weekend for them.

The 4th would suck for me too. I always have to work on big holiday weekends. But I would just have to announce my intentions way in advance and find someone to cover for me--nothing's gonna keep me away from Solid Sound. As to the hotels increasing their prices, I think they're about as high as they ever get during SS. I wouldn't think the innkeepers would be crazy about this idea, though. One less blockbuster weekend for them.

Ya, I don't think the prices go any higher, we are already paying top dollar that weekend.