Foods you eat that others despise

Pickled fish. I love it and could eat it every single day.

Onions, so delicious. I know, who in the world could despise the tasty onion? Well, those nuts are out there, believe me.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chopped liver.

But, there are very few places that make it well. Only one or two, really.

But, oh man... if I get it from Shaevitz in Highland Park, IL, it's heaven!

Anchovies. But only on pizza.

i love anchovies by themselves.

i make a braised chicken thigh dish that includes a couple of minced anchovies. i look forward to eating the rest of the tin w/ some fresh bread while i make the rest of the dish.

Haggis.  Love the stuff.

i have only eaten haggis once, but it was a phenomenal night i won't forget (Robbie Burns dinner that a vendor put on for us in Aberdeen).

i love anchovies by themselves.

i make a braised chicken thigh dish that includes a couple of minced anchovies. i look forward to eating the rest of the tin w/ some fresh bread while i make the rest of the dish.

i have only eaten haggis once, but it was a phenomenal night i won't forget (Robbie Burns dinner that a vendor put on for us in Aberdeen).

Very cool.  I had 2 cans of haggis that got confiscated when I flew back from Scotland.  Something about Sheeps lungs and Prions or whatever.  But you can get pretty good stuff on Amazon actually.

Radishes

Beef  tartar

C'mon, any others?

Steak tartar makes me nervous every time I eat it (not often). But still, the couple of times that I have had it, I really liked it.

I love a nice peanut butter and bacon on toasted bagel sammich, and people usually wrinkle their noses at me when it comes up, but I've never met someone who didn't love it once they've tried it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this. The local deli in my town did a special the other that was a peanut butter-bacon-honey sandwich, and it was phenomenal.

Generic canned tomato soup + chorizo + sriracha = delicious.

I must try this.

What are you, a 93 year old retiree living in FLA? Radishes? Pickled fish?! Onions??!! I'm appalled.

Yeah, thats right, I'm a Marine vet (invaded Guadalcanal and Tarawa), now on my third wife, living in Boca Del Vista, chowing down on herring and ceviche every single day. Life is good!

Entire ethnic groups' cuisines: Indian, Thai, Middle Eastern. Curries. Hummus. Freshly squeezed vegetable juice. Tempeh. Tofu. All kinds of stuff. 

Everybody likes this shit., Except tofu. Nobody likes tofu. Because it sucks.

Everybody likes this shit., Except tofu. Nobody likes tofu. Because it sucks.

:lol

Well, I am just going by the thread title, Foods you eat that others despise. I didn't say I actually like tofu. But vegetarians sometimes have limited options, so....

You would be amazed by how many people I have met who won't touch Indian food, especially curry. My mom, my ex...even my dad, who is pretty hardcore, won't eat the real spicy stuff.