I'm going out on a limb here but I'm thinking the Via Chicago member who posted a link to what Glenn Beck said.

If the headlines did not read "Glenn Beck says Liberals were right," Mr. Heartbreak would not have posted his thoughts.  Glenn Beck spews more half truths and sensational lies then I care to count.  I do not trust one word that comes out of that man's pie hole.  

If I were a conservative I would be ashamed that he calls himself a conservative and a patriot.  He is neither. He is a reactionary liar who preys on stupid people's fears to get ratings.  I say he is a danger to political discourse in this country and offers nothing good in anything he does.    

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were a conservative I would be ashamed that he calls himself a conservative and a patriot.  He is neither. He is a reactionary liar who preys on stupid people's fears to get ratings.  I say he is a danger to political discourse in this country and offers nothing good in anything he does.    

Just like the Faux News channel....

I think Beck is batshit crazy, or possibly just a really good bullshit artist...like Rush Limbaugh. I just thought it was surprising that he actually said "You liberals were right" about anything. Figured him more likely to agree with Cheney and the neocons.

I didn't get the finer distinction of what he actually said, just the quote in the article. He's a douche, either way you look at it. 

Did you see Megyn Kelly, a Fox anchor actually gave Cheney quite a grilling on Iraq. It was fairly stunning. I'd post the link, but I'm on my phone.

I did, I was quite surprised.  It was nice to someone taking him to task.  Doubt she will ever get to interview him again.  

So if you're advocating for round 2, what would we do this time?  What will work that we forgot to do before?  Spend more money?  Sacrifice more American lives?  More Iraqi civilian casualties?

We caused a problem with war.  Then we try to use war to fix it.

So if you're advocating for round 2, what would we do this time?  What will work that we forgot to do before?  Spend more money?  Sacrifice more American lives?  More Iraqi civilian casualties?

We caused a problem with war.  Then we try to use war to fix it.

This poses a very interesting and difficult problem.  If we assume responsibility how can we help without using war?  ISIS won't respond to sanctions or anything like that.  I certainly don't want to escalate again, but feel a strong sense of responsibility to the people of Iraq.

This poses a very interesting and difficult problem.  If we assume responsibility how can we help without using war?  ISIS won't respond to sanctions or anything like that.  I certainly don't want to escalate again, but feel a strong sense of responsibility to the people of Iraq.

Our nation is definitely responsible for their current circumstances.  This might be a bit of a cliche, and an overused piece of rhetoric, but perhaps militarily what ISIS needs is a scalpel approach as apposed to thousands of boots on the ground.  A series of covert op's, an opportunistic drone strike, some Navy Seals.  But I don't really know.

Has anyone been following the story in Mississippi between McDaniel the Teabagger wingnut and Cochran, the old school Republican? This guy McDaniel is a real piece of work. I love how Palin supported him but McCain supported Cochran. Let the circular firing squad continue!

I am constantly amazed by how far to the right the Republicans have gone. Richard Nixon would be a liberal in their book, for signing an amendment to the Fair Labor Standards Act, for starting the EPA, etc. etc. And even old Ronnie Raygun would be a liberal by their standards: for raising the debt ceiling 18 times, raising taxes, opposing the Briggs Initiative, and on and on.

As if the region didn't already have enough problems, the three teenagers kidnapped in Israel have been found dead, so a strong Israeli military response is very likely. One of the 16-year-olds was an American citizen, so we're in the mix, too.

Yeah, that's a bad one.  The important thing to note at this point, is there aren't any reports yet about who actually did the kidnapping.  I wouldn't second guess a strong Israeli military response to anything, but at this point I don't know who they'd be responding to.

Sadly this is true.  Hamas seems to have done the kidnapping, but did they really?  I guess time will tell.  This will pretty much up end any peace process for the foreseeable. future.

LouieB

This will pretty much up end any peace process for the foreseeable. future.

You could say that about anything that has happened ever in that conflict.  While all parties have a vested interest in peace, they don't seem to be doing much to make it happen.  

The Israelis and Palestinians have been at war for thousands of years and they'll be at war for thousands more.  

You could say that about anything that has happened ever in that conflict.  While all parties have a vested interest in peace, they don't seem to be doing much to make it happen.  

The Israelis and Palestinians have been at war for thousands of years and they'll be at war for thousands more.  

We should investigate whether is ti feasible to wall off the entire Middle East...a la Escape from New York

We should investigate whether is ti feasible to wall off the entire Middle East...a la Escape from New York

Ha!

If there was no oil in the middle east we would would treat them like we do Africa, with mild indifference.  

Ma%20SOURCES%20OF%20US%20NET%20PETROLEUM

As Ecuador, and the Northern parts of our continent produce more, we're also expanding wind and solar.  At some point our middle-East oil imports are going to slide across a tipping point and cease to matter all that much.

That graphic is from 2011 and fracking has grown so quickly since then that the United States is now the world's largest oil producer. I believe we're a net exporter these days.

Check out the production in Texas and North Dakota:

HMjeLc0.png

Under the Dome would be a more thorough approach.

The stock markets hit new highs yesterday. Thanks Obama.....

That's fair as long as he also gets credit for the impending crash that's almost certain to follow. The markets are overpriced and ripe for a 30%-50% correction sometime in the next couple of years. Probably much sooner.