• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Looks like a new album will be announced on the 15th, probably titled Tell Me How You Really Feel. Her website courtneybarnett.com.au has been updated and instagram has some videos of her playing new songs.

EDIT: Twitter has the full video.

New album announced. A few shows for a promo tour too. I just scored two for the Chicago show. Excited!!

hello! over the past year-and-a-bit I’ve been writing and recording a new album of my own. it's called tell me how you really feel. the front cover is a polaroid from a series of self-portraits i took while procrastinating at my writing desk. i feel like it perfectly sums the whole thing up. i made the album in Melbourne with the same friends as last time - Dave, Bones, Dan and Burke. The writing process left me feeling pretty vulnerable but it’s funny how such a sad n angry album cooked me into some kinda stew of gratefulness. I am really proud of it n so excited to share these new songs with you, thanks for listening! Xoxo 

It will be out on May 18

Me and my band are doing a special run of album launch shows around America! Every ticket for these shows comes with a pre-order of my new album digitally or on CD. (friends in UK, Europe and Aus - stay tuned for more news soooooon.)

ALBUM LAUNCH SHOWS
Sun 6 May San Francisco, CA - August Hall (tix)
Thurs 10 May Los Angeles, CA - The Sanctuary at Pico Union (tix)
Mon 14 May Austin, TX - Saengerrunde Hall (tix)
Wed 16 May Philadelphia, PA - Union Transfer (tix)
Sat 19 May New York, NY - Music Hall of Williamsburg (tix)
Mon 21 May Chicago, IL - Preston Bradley Hall at Tiffany Dome (tix)

Hmm wonder if Kurt Vile will join her for the Philly show.

I like the new song, actually ordered the 7" last night too. I'm looking forward to a more extensive tour later this summer.

New album announced. A few shows for a promo tour too. I just scored two for the Chicago show. Excited!!

hello! over the past year-and-a-bit I’ve been writing and recording a new album of my own. it's called tell me how you really feel. the front cover is a polaroid from a series of self-portraits i took while procrastinating at my writing desk. i feel like it perfectly sums the whole thing up. i made the album in Melbourne with the same friends as last time - Dave, Bones, Dan and Burke. The writing process left me feeling pretty vulnerable but it’s funny how such a sad n angry album cooked me into some kinda stew of gratefulness. I am really proud of it n so excited to share these new songs with you, thanks for listening! Xoxo 

It will be out on May 18

Me and my band are doing a special run of album launch shows around America! Every ticket for these shows comes with a pre-order of my new album digitally or on CD. (friends in UK, Europe and Aus - stay tuned for more news soooooon.)

ALBUM LAUNCH SHOWS

Sun 6 May San Francisco, CA - August Hall (tix)

Thurs 10 May Los Angeles, CA - The Sanctuary at Pico Union (tix)

Mon 14 May Austin, TX - Saengerrunde Hall (tix)

Wed 16 May Philadelphia, PA - Union Transfer (tix)

Sat 19 May New York, NY - Music Hall of Williamsburg (tix)

Mon 21 May Chicago, IL - Preston Bradley Hall at Tiffany Dome (tix)

Would be cool see her at the Preston Bradly Hall - a beutiful place. Never realized the Cutural Center put on paid shows in the Hall. I have seen plenty of jazz shows there - but they were always free.

Also,  I have no idea who the above dude with VIle is.

More tour dates announced.

My Chicago tickets came with two free 'Tell Me How You Really Feel' cds. Would anybody on here like my 2nd? There is also an upgrade to Vinyl option for $10. PM if you want the redemption code...

More tour dates announced.

My Chicago tickets came with two free 'Tell Me How You Really Feel' cds. Would anybody on here like my 2nd? There is also an upgrade to Vinyl option for $10. PM if you want the redemption code...

I call "Dibs."  I just PM'd you.

• 2 months later...

Anyone listen to Tell Me How You Really Feel? I gave my vinyl a first listen this afternoon and, whoa, this album is killer! Courtney taking it to the next (or second or third) level with the songwriting, with her unique voice and perspective. Super impressed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone listen to Tell Me How You Really Feel? I gave my vinyl a first listen this afternoon and, whoa, this album is killer! Courtney taking it to the next (or second or third) level with the songwriting, with her unique voice and perspective. Super impressed!

Just saw her last night. Put up three videos on YouTube if you search her and music hall. Good show new stuff sounded good although I didn’t get my album yet!

i've got to listen to it more. first listen, didn't like as much as (non vile) record. will give a chance though.

It's good stuff, but it didn't grab me as quickly as "Sometimes I Sit and Think..."

Still waiting for my vinyl to arrive, but I couldn't wait so I've played it on Spotify a few times. It sounds great. Not a dud on it. Though nothing has jumped out on me the way Dead Fox, Depreston, Avant Gardener did but that could change with a few more listens.