I've been listening to the second night of Solid Sound the last couple of days in the car.  I remember there was filming going on during the weekend.  I wonder if we'll see a final product sometime before the end of this year.  Even though it won't be the same thing as reliving the festival, it'll be as close as we can come.  It would be awesome to see a 2 disc set, one disc being a film of the festival and another disc being of the two wilco shows.  

Good topic. I was wondering the same in the morning before Wilco was added to the Lockn' schedule. Had no idea they would be added, and was wondering if a DVD would come out as the only Wilco activity of the year. As I recall, there were professional video crews at all the stages. Something must be brewing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The people filming were led by Brendan Canty, who did the Ashes DVD and also the Tweedy solo Sunken Treasure DVD. I was on the periphery of some conversation with him at the festival and at that time I don't think there was a clear idea of how the footage was going to be used. subsequently I heard some rumors of a DVD.

Well, I guess I wasn't the only one wondering. I even considered starting a thread.

I can't imagine they'd go to the trouble and expense of having Brendan Canty & crew film the whole thing without there being some sort of release planned. I wish they'd hurry up & release it!

I can't imagine they'd go to the trouble and expense of having Brendan Canty & crew film the whole thing without there being some sort of release planned.

Well, they could film a DVD with the plan to release it commercially, and then not like the footage.  It happened before.

Wilco had Sam Jones (of "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart documentary fame) & film crew film 4 nights at the Vic in May 2005 for a live DVD, and that never came out.  Wilco didn't like the footage and scrapped it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kicking_Television:_Live_in_Chicago

So history could repeat itself, but I hope not ... because I would love to see a DVD from Solid Sound.  For that matter, I'd also love to see the old 2005 Vic footage!  Those were some pretty legendary shows, if I recall correctly.  Ah, well.  *shrug*   At least we got the Kicking Television CD/vinyl release from that era.

Well, they could film a DVD with the plan to release it commercially, and then not like the footage.  It happened before.

I know, but it would be such a shame, and it seems less likely since they have a track record with Brendan Canty. Also, this is just a teensy tiny gripe, but all those big ass cameras at Solid Sound last year really blocked my view! I was thinking, well, it's all for a greater cause, but if the footage is never used it would have all been a fair amount of aggravation for nothing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Oh, yes, thanks Mike.  I did see that Kicking Television video way back when.  I'm in the front row of the balcony as they panned the audience upstairs in the last few seconds of the video, next to Ms Yvonne in the red shirt, Renic, then me.  Ah, the olden days!  I miss them!

This is funny though - this video was patchworked together from at least two nights performances -- if you watch closely at John from scene to scene, he is jacket-on, then jacket-off, jacket-on, jacket-off.  :lol  Screw continuity, it was hot!

I attended one of the shows.  A-man, I remember you being slightly miffed that we didn't meet in person that night.

Sam Jones paid me $1 to film me standing in line.  He filmed a bunch of people for the planned DVD.  I still have that dollar bill somewhere...

This video is amazing. Can't wait to see more of this material!

(I love Pavement and begged all my friends and co-workers to request this song on the website. I couldn't believe when they played at the festival )

Nice find. Not a Pavement fan (to the point of not knowing the song!) but enjoyed that. I have to say that I think I'd prefer to see a film of the working up of the new covers rather than a film of the actual performance - since unfortunately I have no memories to relive as not there at the time. A kind of 'Let It Be' without the tension. Ideally a double DVD release then - one of each - to keep everyone happy :-)

Here's a very intriguing little teaser. 

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0xzJtkBVyrEVlMteTlYSnc0Q1k

Those are Glenn's children. And this was Mariana Neri's request for the covers show at Solid Sound.

That is great! Yes a very intriguing teaser.  I'm tempted to ask where this came from, but I know I shouldn't.  But would love to see more.

yeah that vid is really terrific. let's see more :)

i was so happy when they busted out that Pavement tune. i might have done a little dance in the photo pit. i voted to get "Gold Soundz" as one of the covers and enlisted friends, but was certainly not disappointed w/ "Cut Your Hair."