Tweedy Mountain Jam webcast 2:30p est today

Remembering here that Jeff plays almost everything on the album (a la McCartney, Townshend, Rundgren etc.)...so I'm guessing that, outside of the solos, that they are playing parts based on the album versions...meaning, he's written most everything that's being played on stage...

It's like he wrote & arranged everything for his little electric orchestra to play...
the possible exception I think would be keyboards- Scott McCaughey guested on keyboards, but maybe Jeff played some too- I don't know...

Of what I could catch the lyrics here sounded pretty amazing .(a lot was very clear fidelity wise, but it's also a lot to take in too)- maybe even the most arresting part, at least initially...I can't wait to catch a couple nights in a row (Baltimore & D.C.) to really have a chance to become a bit more acquainted with those lyrics, & with all the aspects of the songwriting & arrangements here...looking very forward to the Roadcase releases, so we can really dig in to those aspects repeatedly..

It was a really bold move that come out with lots of new material, & a fair amount of it more understated works too. That kind of forward thinking & courage of Spirit is something I truly love. While I can understand how some folks could be underwhelmed (this discussion took place elsewhere & was touched on here too), I'm certainly not one of them. I'm a fairly intent listener, & quite happy to be out of the familiar zone, & this just made me even more excited about having made the effort to get to see two shows back to back...

Not sure if I've heard an acoustic version of that.  If so, not with the string bending and 7th chord.  That was nice.

Here's last night's version...

Morgan AC20 Deluxes w/ 2x12 cabs.

Does the "AC" part meaning they are patterned somehow after Voxes? (a la AC-30, or AC-15..got an old U.K. made AC-15TBX myself...)... 2x12 cabs sounds bigger to me (though I know there was a 2 speaker version of the AC-15- think it was 2x10)

Here's another one we got to hear today...a new original..."World Away"

And here's one we didn't get to hear...a great version of "Spiders (Kidsmoke)" from Pittsburgh...

It was a really bold move that come out with lots of new material, & a fair amount of it more understated works too. That kind of forward thinking & courage of Spirit is something I truly love. While I can understand how some folks could be underwhelmed (this discussion took place elsewhere & was touched on here too), I'm certainly not one of them. I'm a fairly intent listener, & quite happy to be out of the familiar zone, & this just made me even more excited about having made the effort to get to see two shows back to back...

I completely agree. Jeff is a very confident man. It's understated, but he totally has the courage of his convictions and seems fearless to me.

The country-ish tune he's playing right now wasn't played in Detroit just sayin.

Anybody with the name of this newly debuted song, and/or a set list for today?

The country-ish tune he's playing right now wasn't played in Detroit just sayin.

Called Fake Fur Coat, apparently, according to the Mountain Jam setlist posted on Wilco's Facebook.

They now have posted the setlists for all three TWEEDY performances so far, fwiw.