Tweedy - Diamond Light 10"

Hey all, figured it was my duty to give you the rundown on the new Tweedy 10".

Side A - the actual Diamond Light tune. Sounds really good, super boxy sounding drums, lots of good crazy sounds in the background. Way more fleshed out and full sounding compared to the live show IMO. Jeff double tracked his voice on it and there is a ton of GROOVE, sort of cross between Bull Black Nova and Radiohead's Where I End And You Begin.

Side B - picks up where side A left off, instrumental noise piece, not unlike the stuff off of the Wilco book. 

Sound-wise it's similar to "I'll Sing It", not totally lo-fi but definitely not as hi-fi sounding as the past few Wilco records. The Wilco book songs are a really good comparison I think.

photo 2.JPGphoto 1.JPG

FYI, I was subsequently told that the single was meant to be a tour-exclusive thing as opposed to being just available at the Detroit gig (though I don't think they were selling it in Pittsburgh last night).

So ultimately, who knows how many they pressed? But I was told that it should be available at other tour stops...

FYI, I was subsequently told that the single was meant to be a tour-exclusive thing as opposed to being just available at the Detroit gig (though I don't think they were selling it in Pittsburgh last night).

So ultimately, who knows how many they printed? But I was told that it should be available at other tour stops...

Hey (Paul?) do you know the name of the new song that debuted today? Someone posted that he played on at Mt. Jam that he didn't do in Pittsburgh...

Hey (Paul?) do you know the name of the new song that debuted today? Someone posted that he played on at Mt. Jam that he didn't do in Pittsburgh...

I wasn't at Mountain Jam, unfortunately, so I can't say with absolute certainty what was or wasn't played.

Does anyone know of a link to this tune?!?!? I'm very intrigued.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm-5J2C-8Bo

This 30 odd minute video has (most of ?) JT's solo segment and then the Diamond Light encore. It seems to be have a really hypnotic feel, though perhaps not at its most effective in this setting/situation. The 'noise' seems complimentary/effective here - the sort of criteria which define the limit of my appreciation for it - I think the B side would be too much for me :-)

If anybody gets me one of these, I'll pay for cost, shipping, and finder's fee or something.  I'm pretty much positive it won't be available in Ottawa (since it's a festival show)

thanks

I'll pick it up for you tonight in Baltimore. ! I'll also write back to you to confirm that I got it...Glad to help, so no finder's fee (just shipping etc.!

I'll pick it up for you tonight in Baltimore. ! I'll also write back to you to confirm that I got it...Glad to help, so no finder's fee (just shipping etc.!

Thanks very much for the offer.  Let me know if you got it. 

If not, I'll probably preorder from Wilcostore (thanks to A Radio Cure - I missed it in the Wilco Store; it doesn't show up in the vinyl section, oddly enough)

Thanks very much for the offer.  Let me know if you got it. 

If not, I'll probably preorder from Wilcostore (thanks to A Radio Cure - I missed it in the Wilco Store; it doesn't show up in the vinyl section, oddly enough)

I got yours & one other. I'm going back home & I'll open the other one & play it it to convert to CD & a file of, & then sell it...

So get me your info & I'll get it to you ASAP

For anyone else, if anyone else wants a copy, I'm getting rid of the other one, so just PM me here...first come, first served...

• 2 weeks later...

For those who care about such things, I happened to see a sign at the merch table in Nashville last night saying that there were 2,000 of these pressed. Which makes sense. So that's the "limited edition," fwiw.

If anybody gets me one of these, I'll pay for cost, shipping, and finder's fee or something.  I'm pretty much positive it won't be available in Ottawa (since it's a festival show)

thanks

It's also available by way of the Wilco online store.