• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe you don't give them a reason to want to kill you?

They want to kill Americans. They want to kill Europeans. They want to kill Asians. They want to kill Christians. They want to kill Jews. They want to kill atheists. They want to kill gays. They want to kill sexually active unmarried women. They want to kill children.

They want to kill anyone who isn't a compliant Muslim. 

Always an answer, always the simple one too. Completely avoids what I said too. Score! So why do they want to kill everyone? Could it be that we are fucking with and have been fucking with the internal politics of their countries? Could it be that we support totalitarian regimes in the area? (Saudi Arabia, Iran under the shah, Iraq as long as they fought our enemies etc...) could it be that people in this country have framed this as a war on Islam? Could it be that what is happening right now was predicted by opponents of W's test of manhood (Iraq II)? Nah, keep it simple call them savages and when they hit us we hit them back harder, at least until Sonny tries to get change for a $20 at the toll booth, then maybe cooler heads will prevail. Until then bombs away, and make sure we feel good about it, because feeling good about that strategy is all we will get out of it.

Btw I firmly believe that the next level group is probably already forming and will step into any void we create... So we can keep the cycle going.

And just out of curiosity, since you did not get your graphic from the Gateway Pundit (who first really ran with this story) where did you get it?  GP itself has said that the paper has not been reported by any mainstream news outlets (which seems to pretty true).  Just want to know where you found your original information and in what context it was presented.  

Kevin G., the above was rhetorical, I assume? As in, you weren't expecting an answer.

the answer is simple. kill all the terrorists!

That would be nice, especially since their primary victims are fellow Muslims. Blame America for all the world's problems, but it's much more an internal problem for people in in the Middle East region than it is an external one. 

Please point out where I blamed American for all the world's problems. I believe I was pretty specific (as was John Smith).

John Smith's post was what I was referring to. I was too lazy to hit the MultiQuote button.

Kevin G., the above was rhetorical, I assume? As in, you weren't expecting an answer.

Well I honestly thought about not asking that, in fear of being told that calling people out on the internet is bad form.  But you know I am pretty honest when it comes to my links.  When they come from the liberal media, it is blatantly obvious.  I don't try to hide the context of my information.  While the facts don't change, the context does.  How a fact is interpreted changes on how it is presented.  It is important to understand the context the facts are presented in.  Hey, like I said maybe Hixter read the ACPR's paper and came to the same conclusions that those that cherry picked the graphic did.  I don't want this to turn into a name calling oh you read such and such so your opinion is invalid, etc.  It is just found this statement the GP interesting:

A Google News search shows only Investors Business Daily and The Blaze have reported on the survey. In Canada, which has pledged to take in 25,000 Syrian refugees, it appears only The Rebel has reported on the survey.

Since the article was written several more "news" outlets have reported this, and I have not looked at all of them, it appears there are no mainstream media types that have used that graphic or information from the paper.  I just wonder where he got the information.  I want to understand the context.  It is his choice to answer me or not.  And I guess it is for others to determine what his answer means.    

So what you are saying is that I am the problem? America has not interfered in internal politics in the Mid East? We are not doing anything wrong there? Hmmm,

Also you of all people say you're too lazy to do the multi quote thing? Interesting response.

Hixter is much more eloquent than me. I agree with everything he has said. Very naïve to believe we can change the mind of jihadists. Unreal that they tell you what they plan to do and you do not believe it but instead, blame the US. Very similar to numerous Jews not believing Hitler even though it was all laid out in a book.

1300 Syrian refugees who support ISIS not a problem? You must be HIgh......

I just wonder where he got the information.

As far as I recall, I read about it on someone's Facebook page. Today I Googled a few keywords like Syrian refugees ISIS poll and found the original publication which had been linked on Facebook.

How someone receives their news is unimportant as long as it's factual. HuffPo also linked to the report and that's fine, too. Discrediting a news item because it appeared in a right or left-leaning news source is wrong.

So do not attempt to change their minds...check

Bomb the shit out of them...check

Keep doing what we are doing because that works...check

Trying to see how the other side views this is blaming the US, stop doing it...check.

Bring Hitler into the conversation to validate everything...check

Now waiting anxiously for the inevitable Chamberlin/appeasement references...

Hixter is much more eloquent than me. I agree with everything he has said. Very naïve to believe we can change the mind of jihadists. Unreal that they tell you what they plan to do and you do not believe it but instead, blame the US. Very similar to numerous Jews not believing Hitler even though it was all laid out in a book.

Jihadism is not a country.  It is not a fixed number.  You can not conquer that country and then pretend that everything is cool.  A war against ideas can not be won with suppressive fire- it has a mushrooming effect.

It would behoove all of us, most importantly those in the defense departments of the G8 to imagine the life of someone living under the Assad regime.  All kinds of ideological perversities can thrive in violent and unstable places.  Bombing may destabilize the radical force du' jour, but for the same reasons it does not create a stable country for peaceful plenitude to flourish.

So what you are saying is that I am the problem?

Huh?

Also you of all people say you're too lazy to do the multi quote thing? Interesting response.

It's a pain in the ass on some of my devices. 

So do not attempt to change their minds...check

Bomb the shit out of them...check

Is there actually anyone who thinks that we can change the minds of people who gleefully saw off the heads of innocent civilians and systematically rape women and children before selling them into slavery? 

Jihadism is not a country.  It is not a fixed number.  You can not conquer that country and then pretend that everything is cool.

Which is why I said that we will have to continue killing them in their nations as long as they keep trying to kill us in ours. This war will last a hundred years or more and just because we don't want to fight it doesn't mean that we won't have to fight it.

He will be stopped by his own mouth.

Is there actually anyone who thinks that we can change the minds of people who gleefully saw off the heads of innocent civilians and systematically rape women and children before selling them into slavery?

I would argue that we could prevent their ranks from swelling. ISIS did not form out of thin air. It would be convenient and naive to believe that our policies dedicated to keeping cheap oil flowing out of the middle east haven't hardened attitudes toward the U.S. and the western world in general.

As far as I recall, I read about it on someone's Facebook page. Today I Googled a few keywords like Syrian refugees ISIS poll and found the original publication which had been linked on Facebook.

How someone receives their news is unimportant as long as it's factual. HuffPo also linked to the report and that's fine, too. Discrediting a news item because it appeared in a right or left-leaning news source is wrong.

Here is my problem.  I do not doubt the facts.  Yes out of the 900 Syrian refugees polled 13% of them support ISIS.  That is a troubling statistic.  But you like every other article I have read with that statistic, has used as a reason to stop the settlement of Syrian refugees.  It is a statistic that has been cherry picked from a long scholarly article (which frankly was a bit dull) on the overall Arab opinion of ISIS.  And though he did not name this study by name I think Mr. Trump has read this or more than likely some right wing with this information.  It is a complex paper that cannot be and should not be distilled into one simple graphic and stat.  

But more to the point here the stat is true.  But the way you and the right wing blogs used it is disingenuous.  The fact of the matter remains our country has an extremely good record when it comes to refugees.  There is a  screening process that has worked and there is no reason to think that it should not work.  

My intention was not discredit the fact.  My intention is for me to understand in what context the fact was presented.  BTW when I googled Syrian Refugee Poll, I did not get the research paper you linked, I got a bunch of right wing blogs.  I guess you were luckier than I was.

But here what remains it seems like the GOP is more concerned with Syrian refugees entering this country then it is with actual terrorists getting guns.  

It would be convenient and naive to believe that our policies dedicated to keeping cheap oil flowing out of the middle east haven't hardened attitudes toward the U.S. and the western world in general.

It would also be convenient and naive to believe that our oil policy is what is driving the jihadi movement throughout the world. It doesn't explain why terror groups kill a hundred fellow Muslims for every westerner they slaughter.

This is a fight for power, wealth, territory and religious dominance. Their goals are clearly stated and their fights are beginning to infringe on friends and allies. We will continue to fight because there is no other option, with the exception of surrender and that wouldn't end well for us or our allies.

But here what remains it seems like the GOP is more concerned with Syrian refugees entering this country then it is with actual terrorists getting guns.  

They are concerned about terrorists on our shores and about non-terrorist Americans being wrongfully disarmed.

That would be nice, especially since their primary victims are fellow Muslims. Blame America for all the world's problems, but it's much more an internal problem for people in in the Middle East region than it is an external one. 

John Smith's post was what I was referring to. I was too lazy to hit the MultiQuote button.

Huh?

This is where my "so I'm the problem" quote comes from.  I guess the dots must be connected.

do you think there are more of these types now, as compared to 20 years ago?

if so, what do you think the reason is?

This is where my "so I'm the problem" quote comes from.  I guess the dots must be connected.

I said that there's more to the jihadi issue than those meddling Americans, someone said "I didn't say that" so I explained that that part of the response was to your post. I still don't understand how that could be construed as saying that you're the problem, but it certainly wasn't my intention.

do you think there are more of these types now, as compared to 20 years ago?

I can't say yes or no, but I've been watching this sort of thing unfold for at least 45 years of my life. The only person I've known who died at the hands of terrorists was killed more than 30 years ago, long before George W. Bush arrived on the scene.

Terrorists will always have an excuse for their behavior and it typically comes straight from the Koran. We can blame ourselves if it makes us feel better, but I'll blame the poisonous teachings of their religious leaders. (and many times those religious leaders are indistinguishable from the political leaders who stand to benefit from the jihad.)

Terrorists will always have an excuse for their behavior and it typically comes straight from the Koran. 

dude, really?

ok, we can play this game.

Leviticus 20:13 ESV / 1,208 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

let's kill all the gays, because 'god' says so!