The response by many forum members whenever Muslim terrorism or Islamic jihadists is mentioned makes me think you guys actually like and follow PC Principal, bro…..

Good job, instead of make a substantial argument just steal a joke random from a TV show. Which as it appears you do not fully understand the point the TV show nor the arguments people have made here. I guess you just want to "F them all to death."

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do most examples of terrorism have in common, just like the nut job who shot up Planned Parenthood an hour away from my neighborhood?  Disenfranchised, poor people, who've been fluffed up with bad information, in a group where the dude with the loosest grip on sanity will load up first.

Yessir. There are too many guns that are too easily available  for too many unstable and/or reliable people. The NRA, with massive political clout, consistently lobbies against gun control to feed their own agenda. 

But I need my gun for hunting!

sounds like you've been in various countries via your military experience, which i imagine colors the perspective differently versus a routine vacation.

My military experience allowed me to visit the exotic locales of South Carolina, Georgia and California. I also spent a month in Panama on what was essentially a vacation, since the commander told me that there wasn't anything for me to do and he encouraged me to see the sights.

what countries have you been to as a civilian?

Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Costa Rica, Colombia, UK, France, Germany, Netherlands and Belgium. I've been to most of them multiple times. Not exactly a world-class explorer, but I've seen a bit of the world and I have a few trips planned for the future.

My military experience allowed me to visit the exotic locales of South Carolina, Georgia and California. 

Well, at least you should be well versed on mustard-based v vinegar-based BBQ sauce.

But then again, with you being a Texan, I'll go with the assumption that "BBQ sauce" isn't in your vernacular.

The NRA, with massive political clout, consistently lobbies against gun control to feed their own agenda. 

They lobby against gun control which would disarm law-abiding citizens and/or turn them into felons at the stroke of a pen. 

It turns out that the San Bernardino shooters broke yet another of the president's proposed legislation by utilizing a straw buyer and failing to record the transfer of their AR-15s as is already required by California law.

Well, at least you should be well versed on mustard-based v vinegar-based BBQ sauce.

But then again, with you being a Texan, I'll go with the assumption that "BBQ sauce" isn't in your vernacular.

I've only been a Texan for 9 years, so I'm down with just about any kind of BBQ there is. But it's hard to beat the brisket in Texas.

This sauce is from a chain restaurant, but it's pretty good. My family always asks me to bring a few bottles when I visit.

Or5LY60.jpg

I've only been a Texan for 9 years, so I'm down with just about any kind of BBQ there is. But it's hard to beat the brisket in Texas.

This sauce is from a chain restaurant, but it's pretty good. My family always asks me to bring a few bottles when I visit.

Or5LY60.jpg

Huh, I was always under the (mistaken?) impression that Texans spurred BBQ sauce, and were all about the rub.

Huh, I was always under the (mistaken?) impression that Texans spurred BBQ sauce, and were all about the rub.

Not mistaken. Great (and properly smoked) barbecue does not need sauce. And as far as a rub, all you need is a lot of salt and a lot of pepper.

(Edit: Finally something worth talking about.)

My military experience allowed me to visit the exotic locales of South Carolina, Georgia and California. I also spent a month in Panama on what was essentially a vacation, since the commander told me that there wasn't anything for me to do and he encouraged me to see the sights.

Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Costa Rica, Colombia, UK, France, Germany, Netherlands and Belgium. I've been to most of them multiple times. Not exactly a world-class explorer, but I've seen a bit of the world and I have a few trips planned for the future.

:thumbup 

also, my pal Loring posted this:

nhQZOTp.png

It shouldn't be required with good BBQ, but it's usually available. I usually spurn it unless the brisket is dry.

Not mistaken. Great (and properly smoked) barbecue does not need sauce. And as far as a rub, all you need is a lot of salt and a lot of pepper.

(Edit: Finally something worth talking about.)

perfect. 

Been trying to get good at the art myself. Brisket is too hard, so far, for me (and expensive). I'm good at pork shoulder and ribs. 

I have been using a Weber Smokey Mountain. It's an old one that I inherited, and I should probably seal it a little better. I have a little doohickey with a thermometer and fan attached to it that stokes the coals to keep the temp constant. Seems to work well.

I like a healthy amount of brown sugar in my rub for the sweet bark it helps make.

perfect. 

Been trying to get good at the art myself. Brisket is too hard, so far, for me (and expensive). I'm good at pork shoulder and ribs. 

I have been using a Weber Smokey Mountain. It's an old one that I inherited, and I should probably seal it a little better. I have a little doohickey with a thermometer and fan attached to it that stokes the coals to keep the temp constant. Seems to work well.

I like a healthy amount of brown sugar in my rub for the sweet bark it helps make.

Yeah, my preference is just for salt and pepper and the smoke to enhance the flavor of the brisket, but I'm not diametrically opposed to other flavors sneaking in there. I still haven't gotten a smoker yet, but I feel I'm going to go through a ton of brisket whenever I do. It's not easy, which makes the appreciation for great brisket that much greater.

I use a regular old Webber kettle style grill for the smoking. I like to do pork butt/shoulders and beercan chicken. Its all about the indirect heat and using an internal temp gauge to determine doneness. Btw, I taught myself, its easy. Be not afraid!

Mustard and pork are a match made in heaven. What the hell do you put on your brats? Your polish? Your ham sammiches?

The same applies to pulled pork. Carolina gold is ambrosia.

I hate mustard in all its forms. So brats and all sausages are naked as God intended them.