What bands/artist have you seen the most live? How many times?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

without having specific numbers, i think i've seen these bands at least ten times each:

Neil Young (in various guises)

Sonic Youth (not counting solo shows or side projects)

Yo La Tengo

Kurt Vile

Melvins

Wilco

according to my mostly incomplete stats at setlist.fm, i can now add Sleep, High On Fire and OM to the ten or more list.

I've now seen The Giving Tree Band over 30 times. Hope to see them 30 more times.

Grateful Dead-around 30

Neil Young (with and w/o Crazy Horse)-around 10

Los Lobos - around 20? I've seen them at least once every year since '98.

Waco Brothers - around 10?

In the 90s, I saw fIREHOSE a bunch of times - at least 10

Saw the Cows a bunch of times - at least 10.

:lol

i've created a monster by shinging a light on the 'search this topic' functionality.

Ha - didn't need to search. This topic is only 2 pages old. I just started reading it today from the top. (Mostly just to make sure whether or not I already responded! Geezers unite!)

I forgot...

I saw Falstaff (the Shrimp Boat spinoff that was not The Sea and Cake) 4 or 5 times.

And I saw The Sea and Cake 3 times.

hahaha, this is so true:

and played the best live shows I’ve ever seen, thanks to the absurdist antics of Shannon Selberg, vocalist, bugle savant, and the most deadpan comedian this side of Andy Kaufman. Selberg always hit the stage in outrageous outfits, sporting a penciled-on handlebar mustache, an impossibly battered cowboy hat, and the crudest tattoos ever produced outside Death Row. He often wore mousetraps on his ears, one of his arms was oddly bent from a fall through a skylight, and he looked like a deranged redneck, despite his being from Minneapolis.

His best tattoo was a really crudely drawn Hangman game, with F _ C K underneath it. The hangman was complete, so I guess that means that the person who was guessing the word didn't get it right?

He nailed me in the head once with a Fosters king can. 

At another show, my friend and I stepped out to catch some fresh air, and we both gasped that his shirt was covered in blood. He did a quick diagnostic, and sighed in relief "It's OK, it's not my blood."

I think he might be the world's only rock bugler - and he even played two at once, like Morphine's sax guy. 

His best tattoo was a really crudely drawn Hangman game, with F _ C K underneath it. The hangman was complete, so I guess that means that the person who was guessing the word didn't get it right?

yeah i remember that tattoo.

when i saw him, he had Victor rat traps hanging from each ear lobe. not mouse traps, these things were big. and there was a chicken head/neck drawn via sharpie coming out of his pants, up his lower torso.