No and no.

There's a beer fridge in every garage in my neighborhood and they all have at least a case of Coors Light for public consumption; we don't even ask before walking into someone's garage and grabbing a can. That's about as far as I stoop, beer-wise.

Ah, a favorite topic of mine. Right now I have Busch Light, PBR (tallboy) and Old Style in the beer fridge. I've been known to keep Schlitz ('60s recipe), Strohs, Rolling Rock and the occasional Stella, Newcastle and Guinness in there too. I like to mix up my crisp, (mostly) minimal aftertaste, bubbly water. Craft beer aint got no place in my fridge.

Ah, a favorite topic of mine. Right now I have Busch Light, PBR (tallboy) and Old Style in the beer fridge. I've been known to keep Schlitz ('60s recipe), Strohs, Rolling Rock and the occasional Stella, Newcastle and Guinness in there too. I like to mix up my crisp, (mostly) minimal aftertaste, bubbly water. Craft beer aint got no place in my fridge.

A kindred spirit!

My favorite cheap beer is an icy cold can of Busch. Out of a cooler. Also a big fan of Moosehead and Stella. The craft beers are too much flavor for my palate and too much alcohol for my brain.

When it comes to wine, however, I am much more discerning. Cheap beer, yes; cheap wine, no.

No and no.

There's a beer fridge in every garage in my neighborhood and they all have at least a case of Coors Light for public consumption; we don't even ask before walking into someone's garage and grabbing a can. That's about as far as I stoop, beer-wise.

Oh my God. You're Hank Hill, aren't you?

Oh my God. You're Hank Hill, aren't you?

Close enough; we're drinking beer on the street from Friday at 3 PM until sometime Sunday night. Every. Single. Week.

Hank would be disappointed to hear that I'm converting my propane-fired brewing rig to an all-electric unit.

Meisterbrau is god awful.

I buy a 30-pack of Miller Lite in June every year so I have something resembling beer for those really hot days. Which in Maine, is about 5 days. So, a 6-pack a day. My brother worked for Miller in the 90s, designing the computer systems for their breweries. Old allegiances die hard.

I drank countless cases of Piels in college in the mid-late 80s. $7.20 a case. At 30 cents a can, it was cheaper than an enema. And a better buzz, too.

I have no problem having a PBR or similar when it is on special in a bar.

I am currently drinking  a Miller Lite now while watching the White Sox.  Sometimes a cheap, somewhat drinkable beer - hits the spot.

Lite is my goto softball playing beer during this time of year, too - so I usually have some in the fridge, during the sping/summer.

Or, the infamous White Lighntening in big plastic bottles beloved by teenagers.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/white-lightning/21676/

Oh please pinch me so I can wake up!!!
It looks like someone has urinated into a filled water dispenser, though the bubbles that lift rapidly from the sides of the glass give it a post-mix flare. It smells mousy, hairy, a touch too much walnut puree and timber varnish. It tastes of unexcitement. Brashly carbonated, biting, light bodied, fizzy soda water with very little apple yet I clung on just hoping some juicy succulence might peek its welcome head out. Its husky, the alcohol, not hot, but just harsh. The clean spirit aftershock is bewildering. It is vinous and astringent on the swallow, crisp and carbonic, really bites in, but the alcohol is not shy at all. It leaves a mess on the palate, or is that your palate in a mess. This isn’t cider. It’s alcohol for football hooligans too young and daft, too bloody stupid but preyed upon by products like this. Nothing truly nasty, I survived a pint, but this is just evil.

I used to drink the hell out of Schaeffers in college when I was broke.

We had friends when I was a kid who named a dog Schaeffer after the beer. They also had dogs named Bacardi and Daiquiri before the parents put the kibosh on alcoholic pet names.

Rhinelander bock was even cheaper but it was totally undrinkable. I remember it having weird chunks or fibers or something floating around in it.

• 2 weeks later...