Favorite final albums by a band/solo artist?

FTW

No kidding. Not including posthumous LPs that has to be one of the best headphone albums ever made. 

Absolutely true. I tried thinking of final albums of a bunch of artists I like, and came up empty (Dead, Warren Zevon, Phil Ochs, Camel, Gong, Be-Bop Deluxe...). I think you guys have nailed all the albums I know about and like. The only one I haven't seen on here yet that I might mention is Avalon by Roxy Music. Kind of a weak album compared to earlier Roxy classics, but it's still pretty good.

I could make an argument for Steely Dan's Gaucho, but then they came back later and did a couple things.

The only one I haven't seen on here yet that I might mention is Avalon by Roxy Music. Kind of a weak album compared to earlier Roxy classics, but it's still pretty good.

That's a GREAT choice. I listened to that record a LOT when it came out, it has a sentimental value to me.

L.A. Woman is the best Doors album.

I don't think it's the best but it does have a certain 'finality' about it which makes it on the list. 

Cream "Goodbye" should be mentioned for the blistering take on "I'm So Glad". Just a prime slice of live Cream. And Badge is a stone cold classic.

You forgetting about In Space?   :lol

I did not forget it and I do not count it.

But here is a good one:

51dCC5KFz1L._SS280.jpg

Produced by Damon Albarn. While it has that Gorillaz vibe, it's still undeniably a Bobby Womack album. A helluva swan song.

Cream "Goodbye" should be mentioned for the blistering take on "I'm So Glad". Just a prime slice of live Cream. And Badge is a stone cold classic.

Speaking of Cream, I was seriously tempted to post Blind Faith as an entry on this thread...but I didn't think people would find it funny enough. How about Never Mind the Bollocks? Or Miseducation of Lauryn Hill? :lol

Speaking of Cream, I was seriously tempted to post Blind Faith as an entry on this thread...but I didn't think people would find it funny enough. How about Never Mind the Bollocks? Or Miseducation of Lauryn Hill? :lol

"Best debut LPs that was a final LP"  :P

614diHhY5kL._SY300_.jpg

The Millennium - Begin

614diHhY5kL._SY300_.jpg

The Millennium - Begin

Another one where it was their only official album. But yeah, it is a great one!

Relatively Clean Rivers

Should we create a new topic:

"Favorite albums by bands who only had one album"?