Besides Wilco/Tweedy @ Solid Sound...

At Solid Sound 2013 I was most excited, & impressed with Yo La Tengo (to be fair they were already my other favorite band in the world besides Wilco & have been for many years), & I was thrilled to finally, believe it or not, catch The Dream Syndicate for the first time.

Having Parquet Courts there is going to make me miss those guys much less than I otherwise would have.
Here's the sampler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5CvZTIoir8

And if you dug that, dig into the whole KEXP performance (the smapler was the closing song): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rEwOhbSbeI

I haven't seen any love for Ryley Walker his new record is great!  Wonderful way to start Saturday IMO. 

Bill Frisell, Mac Demarco,  Nels, Richard, Parquet! 

Hope for a lot of interaction with the VC'ers too.  Think it will be a great way communicating about hidden gems around town and possibly the festival too.  We can all help one another out to have the best possible experience!

Hope for a lot of interaction with the VC'ers too.  Think it will be a great way communicating about hidden gems around town and possibly the festival too.  We can all help one another out to have the best possible experience!

Same here. I am hopeful that the VCer table that kidsmoke mentioned will yield some meetups. Not sure how it will work for my wife and me, as we are not staying in town...but we will be at the festival for all three days, so it would be nice to get together and meet some folks.

Same here. I am hopeful that the VCer table that kidsmoke mentioned will yield some meetups. Not sure how it will work for my wife and me, as we are not staying in town...but we will be at the festival for all three days, so it would be nice to get together and meet some folks.

anyone on facebook should join this group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/332057233661050/

I believe Kidsmoke will be posting more details soon, but we definitely plan to have a VC table on the little outdoor courtyard bar. This will be manned early on Friday and maybe sporadically at various times throughout the weekend, as space and schedules permit.

Among other things, we'll have name tags available. I would suggest putting your real name as well as your VC user name on them so you can be readily identified.

In the past the biggest issue with this plan was people's reluctance to step up to a table of people they don't know and make their presence known. This is no time to be shy! Nobody bites, I promise.

In that case, I will join the Facebook group, look for the VC table, meet as many of you as I can, and hand out business cards with my cell # on them...anything to avoid having to put on a name tag! :lol

Wrll, last time the whole name tag idea got subverted. The tags said "Hello I'm ____" and they got filled in with "drunk", "obsessed" etc. So have fun with it! Lol.

Wrll, last time the whole name tag idea got subverted. The tags said "Hello I'm ____" and they got filled in with "drunk", "obsessed" etc. So have fun with it! Lol.

I think my favorites might have been Judy & Ed's....his read "Hello, I'm a lumberjack" and hers, "Hello, I'm ok."

Subversion is good, Diane. We need subversion in our lives.

Oh and the meet-up table sign is nearly done. I promise it will be visible (not obnoxiously so).  :banana But easy to find.

I'll almost certainly be wearing a Daniel Johnston t-shirt one of the days. Probably not a Wilco t-shirt, you're not supposed to wear shirts of the band who you are going to see, they say. Though sometimes I can't help it with Wilco.

Or I'll be wearing that Sun Records t-shirt they sell at WalMart that everyone has at concerts.

Just look for a youth with glasses and a Bob Dylan circa New Morning goatee/beard. (Yes that is also my username but I made this account long before I had facial hair)

I'll almost certainly be wearing a Daniel Johnston t-shirt one of the days. Probably not a Wilco t-shirt, you're not supposed to wear shirts of the band who you are going to see, they say. Though sometimes I can't help it with Wilco.

Last time I made an entire photo gallery of people wearing Wilco shirts :)

http://photos.tinnitus-photography.com/wilco_tshirts

I'd recommend getting in line very very early for Nels Cline and Wisdom Norton's Stained Radiance show!!

I saw this show in Chicago a few months ago in which Glenn Kotche also performed and it was Incredible.

Nels Cline and Wisdom Norton's combination of superb avant garde jazz guitar and brilliant impromptu painting, albeit temporary, makes every performance seem totally unique!   (Although I've only seen this show once).  

See this show!!!  

I'm hoping for an acoustic Richard Thompson solo performance!

I'd recommend getting in line very very early for Nels Cline and Wisdom Norton's Stained Radiance show!!

I saw this show in Chicago a few months ago in which Glenn Kotche also performed and it was Incredible.

Nels Cline and Wisdom Norton's combination of superb avant garde jazz guitar and brilliant impromptu painting, albeit temporary, makes every performance seem totally unique!   (Although I've only seen this show once).  

See this show!!!  

I'm hoping for an acoustic Richard Thompson solo performance!

I'm hoping for acoustic Richard too!!! Maybe we'll luck out with something not on the schedule, impromptu & in one of the MassMOCA buildings. Didn't this happen with a few acts last time too? I didn't make any of them, but am I remembering wrong or did Lucius, & maybe someone else do this?

It's definitely a good idea to make sure you like and/or follow the Solid Sound stuff on your Facebook and Twitter accounts. In the past they've had lots of fun sets or events on a popup basis. Music as well as things like Jeff in the dunk tank. I always seem to miss them unless I just stumble upon them.

Also, an external battery or power supply is almost indispensable if you're inclined to keep up with social media, take a few pictures, etc. Unless you enjoy sitting on the floor near the gift shop where you can find some electrical outlets to get recharged.

Richard Thompson played The Wilbur in Boston on Saturday night.  In one of the only instances where RT played Boston in the last couple of decades, I chose not to go and save myself for Solid Sound.  Obviously a mistake.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/music/2015/06/21/richard-thompson-dazzles-wilbur/2NwjscdC6fcm4Ac3Z32aTO/story.html

I don't know where that rule of fashion comes from.  Myself, growing up (and still ) in the Grateful Dead scene, folks sported GD related tees all over the place.  With all that iconographic art, the tee shirts were always a nice touch.  I still get people stop me when I wear my Wolf tee shirt.  Anyhow, I'll likely be sporting a Wilco shirt on at least one of the days.  My goal is to make it into Tim's 2015 Solid Sound Wilco tee shirt photo gallery :wave

Ignoring the "besides" part of the thread...

I'm really looking forward to the TWEEDY set.  I only saw them once, and it was before the record came out, just a few shows into the tour.  I hadn't heard any of the songs before the concert.  I'm really looking forward to hearing them again now that I'm familiar with the songs.