Well done, Kalle!

Very well done. Recognized all the covers but the Ringo one. Was happy to see a nod to Nilsson Schmilsson in there.

I think it's this:-

300_album_5178.jpg

Although my immediate thought was of Tim Roth in Mike Leigh's Meantime (after his drastic haircut) - see the 1 minute mark in this trailer - which has the most inappropriate 'Hollywood' voiceover you could possibly imagine. Aah the eighties in the UK ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llcgzs1jNOM

• 5 months later...

way to go again Kalle!

https://www.sootoday.com/local-news/big-juno-news-for-sault-musician-192220

'Some exciting news came out of Toronto today for one Sault-born musician.

It was announced during this morning's JUNO Nominee Press Conference that Kalle Mattson's video for Avalanche has been nominated for Video of the Year.

“It’s a big deal and it feels good,” Mattson told SooToday this morning from the press conference.

“You never know with videos. Sometimes you think they’re great and then they just don’t catch on. It’s not a sure thing at all. But this one seems to have done alright.”

Directed by Philip Sportel and produced by Matt Power for Mad Ruk Entertainment, the video features Mattson recreating a series of album covers as an homage to the music and artists that he says have influenced his work.

The JUNO Award nominated video illustrates the title track from Mattson's 2015 EP which was released last summer.

Mattson said he's halfway into writing a new full-length release and will be working once again with Avalanche producer Colin Munroe. 

“I’m excited to go further with it now that we have a working idea of how to work together," Mattson said of Munroe. "I’ve recorded every one of my records very differently, and now we sort of have a basis to go off of which is really cool.”

It was also announced today that Mattson will join Jason Collett and Zeus on a cross-Canada tour starting April 19, 2016.

Other JUNO Award nominees and/or winners with Sault Ste. Marie ties include Treble Charger (five nominations between 1997 and 2003), Crystal Shawanda (three nominations including one win for Aboriginal Album of the Year in 2013), and Woods of Ypres (award win in 2013 for Metal/Hard Music Album of the Year).