What albums are you looking forward to this year?

File superchunk under wishful thinking...but you never know. And if they do release another album hopefully it is of the no nonsense type.

I'd be just as stoked on a Here's to Shutting Up sound as Majesty Shredding. Win-win!

I saw they leaked a new Ride song, I need to track it down and check it out. *or was that Slowdive?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of these have confirmed 2017 release dates, some are expected and some are wishful thinking:

Yo La Tengo

Sebadoh

Mudhoney

Neutral Milk Hotel

Stephen Malkmus/Jicks

Are these expected or wishful thinking? Don't think I've heard of any confirmed upcoming album releases by these folks.

Hoping for new records by Ex Hex, Hospitality, Black Gang Crew (an old Nels/Mike Watt record that's never been released), anything Bill Dolan plays on (amazing guitarist from Five Style, Heroic Doses, and others), Omni, Alabama Shakes.

Are these expected or wishful thinking? Don't think I've heard of any confirmed upcoming album releases by these folks.

mostly wishful thinking...although, 4/5 are realistic expectations. The only one I would be surprised to see new music from is Neutral Milk Hotel (but there was speculation last year after their reunion that they might have new music).

Bash & Pop - Anything Could Happen

Just saw this on the Rolling Stone website, will be released this month.

I think it's Tommy's best post-Mats record for sure. Caught their NYC show & his appearance on The Late Show w Colbert last week. Check it out!

Just ordered the new Cate Le Bon EP.  I'm looking forward to that,

I'm picking that up next week. As soon as I get paid!

Also, looking forward to releasing my own full album -- hopefully completing this and releasing it as a full 10-song release:

https://hoponpop.bandcamp.com/album/one-by-one

Also, really and truly, I am looking forward to hearing new albums from new bands that I don't even know about yet. Bands whose names I haven't even heard yet. Those, for me, are always the most-exciting.

• 1 month later...

More wishful thinking than anything, but I am hoping for a new album from The War On Drugs.  I've heard rumors of a song being released for Record Store Day this year.

I am preparing myself that they may well have completely spent their collective creativity on their last album, but if they are able to follow it up with something half as good it'll still be a damn good album.

Mostly I want them to have a reason to go back on tour, gotta see them as much as possible while they are together, they did some shows last tour that got the audience very very high!

More wishful thinking than anything, but I am hoping for a new album from The War On Drugs.  I've heard rumors of a song being released for Record Store Day this year.

I am preparing myself that they may well have completely spent their collective creativity on their last album, but if they are able to follow it up with something half as good it'll still be a damn good album.

Mostly I want them to have a reason to go back on tour, gotta see them as much as possible while they are together, they did some shows last tour that got the audience very very high!

I'm happy to advise it's not just a rumor:

http://www.stereogum.com/1930949/the-war-on-drugs-releasing-new-single-thinking-of-a-place-on-record-store-day/news/