Grabbed  pavilion seats for Sat and Lawn for Fri at Alpine. I had pavilion seats in my Q for Friday, too - but tossed them back. Couldn't see spending the dough on those seats for both nights.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you end up getting tickets for both nights - Winston?

Again going in, I figured lawn tickets would be available for a bit after the initial on sale time --- it is still kind of amazing the draw of this latest incarnation. Not that I don't think they warrant it, per se - it just surprises me. 

Did you end up getting tickets for both nights - Winston?

Again going in, I figured lawn tickets would be available for a bit after the initial on sale time --- it is still kind of amazing the draw of this latest incarnation. Not that I don't think they warrant it, per se - it just surprises me. 

Yes, both nights. Lawn x 2. See you then?

I just booked two nights camping at the Bong Recreation area. Check and Mate. 

We need to book camping, still. 

Definitely should to coordinate a meet-up. 

It will be the first back to back night " Dead" run for my wife and a buddy of ours - should be a hoot. 

We need to book camping, still. 

Definitely should to coordinate a meet-up. 

It will be the first back to back night " Dead" run for my wife and a buddy of ours - should be a hoot. 

Get on it. I've read on reddit that Alpine will not be allowing camping for this particular weekend, and a lot of sites that were open a couple days ago (I checked out Big Foot park in Lake Geneva) are already booked solid now. The Bong recreation area is about 20 miles away, but only had 5 spots when I booked today.

I used this site:

https://wisconsinstateparks.reserveamerica.com/welcome.do?tti=home

The one and only time I stayed at Bong, the twig pigs were awful. I've stayed at various places in Kettle Moraine over the last 20 years, never had any problems. Just saying.

I think he means security - could be wrong.

Looks like we will be staying at the same exact campsite that we stayed when they played up there in 2016. 

Other than sleeping and eating breakfast -we never hang much at the camp-sight anyways. We are typically in the lot by late morning. 

Though over the years the time we hung around the site - we never had any issues.

Stayed at some swank resort on Lake Geneva on the off night in '88. Two dudes I met took me back to shower, swim, and party favors for a day/night. The two guys ended up being buddies with my future girlfriend. Weird.

Lammy, that was probably the old Playboy Club. I stayed there in 87 for a few nites.

Also, twig pigs = DNR police

Lammy, that was probably the old Playboy Club. I stayed there in 87 for a few nites.

Also, twig pigs = DNR police

Hmm. I would likely remember if it was called the Playboy Club, but maybe. The manager questioned them while we were sucking down endless Rum and Cokes by the pool about me being there (I was pretty shabby). One of the dudes chewed them out saying I was their guest and everything. A little awkward but hell it wasn't my dime.

That's what she said.

Ka-POW!

I think the name "Playboy Club" was dropped in the mid 80s. I slept on the floor in a room full of hippies and bikers. It was decidedly un-playboy like