Concert non-memories?

I occasionally go to setlistFM and put in bands and cities from my past to see if the set list is there. A couple of times there will be an opener that I have no memory of, but I just experienced the best/worst example of not remembering much about a decades old show. I looked up a Who show I saw in 1982 and marveled at what a great set it was, but no "Substitute", even though I "remembered" it being played. I noticed at the bottom that The B-52s and Joan Jett and The Blackhearts opened. I vaguely remember Joan Jett - maybe- but I would've bet money that The B-52s did not open. It gets worse. I click on The B-52s set list and it says, "Note: only played 2 songs before getting booed off the stage and people throwing objects at them". How in the hell could I not remember that? Even vaguely. Damn. I must've done more drugs that I thought. Even with time weakening the memory trace, that would be an emotional, vivid scene that should have some degree of flashbulb memory. Also, you'd think I'd have told the story over and over, keeping the engram fresh.

Anyone else have any similar lack of memories from old concerts? 

I saw Wilco in Savannah, GA.  I guess this was about ten years ago. We were visiting from Atlanta, and our local Savannah friend took us to a Mexican restaurant before the show.  She knew the people working there, and they made our margaritas so strong I have almost no memory of the show at all.  After the show, my wife and I started arguing about some stupid shit.  I do remember that part.

Careful with that tequila, folks. 

I tried putting all my concerts on setlist.fm about a year ago (it truly was a labor of love) and was amazed to discover that when I saw R.E.M. in 1986, Camper Van Beethoven was the opening band.  I had completely forgotten that factoid -- and I love CBV!   

Plenty of lack of memory, here. Shoot, I forget what JGB played a couple weekends ago! I used to write GD set lists on ticket stubs but that was usually a failed effort what with no light (no cell phones back then) and the inevitable "excitement" of the moment producing increasingly illegible writing as the show continued.

I saw Wilco in Savannah, GA.  I guess this was about ten years ago. We were visiting from Atlanta, and our local Savannah friend took us to a Mexican restaurant before the show.  She knew the people working there, and they made our margaritas so strong I have almost no memory of the show at all.  After the show, my wife and I started arguing about some stupid shit.  I do remember that part.

Careful with that tequila, folks. 

:lol

In 2012 I started getting into Joseph Arthur, after seeing him open for Soul Asylum. Later on I saw something that said he opened for Three Fish at Wetlands in NYC in 1999, a show I attended. I always remembered, for whatever reason, that David Garza was the other opening act, but I have no memory whatsoever of Joseph Arthur. So I missed out on knowing who he was for another 13 years.

In 2012 I started getting into Joseph Arthur, after seeing him open for Soul Asylum. Later on I saw something that said he opened for Three Fish at Wetlands in NYC in 1999, a show I attended. I always remembered, for whatever reason, that David Garza was the other opening act, but I have no memory whatsoever of Joseph Arthur. So I missed out on knowing who he was for another 13 years.

Ahh the wetlands miss that place! Saw many great shows there

Great venue. I saw a show at Wetlands, but, honestly, I don't remember who it was.  :stunned

Ah, the magic of the internet. I Googled The Who Joan Jett The B-52s Orlando 1982 and found an account of the show by Joe Popp, who was a local celebrity in my town of Tampa in the 90's with a couple of punk bands. The crowd threw shit and booed both The B-52s and Joan Jett. How the hell can I not remember that? Damn. It seems as though we would have talked about it a few times. The tickets were $15.75! According to the CPI inflation calculator, that's only $41.27 in 2018 dollars. Still damned cheap! 

The site seems to be/was a place to write about "the rock life". https://therockfile.wordpress.com/2012/02/02/pick-up-my-guitar-and-play-the-who-live-in-orlando-1982/

I was at The Replacements' final show -- in 1991, when the broke up on stage at Grant Park.

I have no memories, however, of the two outstanding opening acts: NRBQ and Material Issue. I like both of those bands. A lot. And I did then, too. And I know that I was there for their sets. But I just don't remember anything about them.

Damnit.

Hey PT, I was at that Replacements show as well. I forgot that NRBQ and Material Issue opened. Side note...back then, I saw so many Material Issue shows in a relatively short period of time-Batteries Not Included, Metro, the lounge at UIC, etc. I used to see Ellison at the Gingerman wearing a leather jacket with a pool ball on the back. He never seemed like a happy guy.

I have no memory of the Grateful Dead Alpine Valley shows from the summer of 89, and it bums me out that I keep hearing how great they were. 

I got there on there on the final day of the run. I can understand this - it was quite the scene. 

I used to see Ellison at the Gingerman wearing a leather jacket with a pool ball on the back. He never seemed like a happy guy.

I had a beer with Jim and Nash Kato at Danny's back in 93 or so. I thought Jim was very sweet. But only met him the once (we had mutual friends).