2020 Touring

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you wear a San Franciscan tuxedo in their honor? B)

(I’ll be here all night...)

That probably means something different than it would have meant a few years ago.  :pirate   Now I think it's cargo shorts and a hoodie, so... maybe!!

That probably means something different than it would have meant a few years ago. :pirate Now I think it's cargo shorts and a hoodie, so... maybe!!

Haha, I hadn’t even thought of the possibilities! Well, I eagerly await whatever might come...B)

I wonder why they just dropped two ONE Fillmore performances out of nowhere like that? I would have thought they would have announced this with the rest of the March shows a few months ago.

I wonder why they just dropped two Fillmore performances out of nowhere like that? I would have thought they would have announced this with the rest of the March shows a few months ago.

Two? What do you know that we don't?

I suspect they either held onto this to make an announcement that would prompt sales at other gigs, OR had to sell out the Oakland shows before announcing, OR had an open day reserved for media appearances that didn't come through and booked it up. Either way, hell of a venue. Is it the venue they've played the most gigs at? Probably either that or Riviera in Chicago?

I wonder why they just dropped two Fillmore performances out of nowhere like that? I would have thought they would have announced this with the rest of the March shows a few months ago.

Two? Just the one, I think, right? Stop messing with me. They already screwed up my dinner plans once that week! (Yes, this is where I’m at vis à vis Wilco in 2020...don’t @ me.)

But yes, the Fillmore is pretty great and I’m pretty sure second to the Riv in terms of full-band performances and creeping up. This will be, I think, the 17th Wilco show at the Fillmore, compared with something like 24 for the Riv. (Interestingly, I don’t think Jeff has ever performed solo or with anyone other than Wilco at the Riv unless it was a cameo or at a benefit or something like that, while he has done more than a handful of solo and Tweedy band gigs at the Fillmore.)

Ooops. Mixing up with the two Oakland shows, which in my rudimentary geographical understanding of the US... it is essentially the same thing as San Fran (right?) not to mention the two Vic shows which just got announced as well. I guess in my head, I just assumed these were two shows. Plus I should never be posting just before bed, BAD idea. I am, as always, NOT in the know on anything.  :frusty

Here is a genuine Canadian apology: sorry.

But yes, the Fillmore is pretty great and I’m pretty sure second to the Riv in terms of full-band performances and creeping up. This will be, I think, the 17th Wilco show at the Fillmore, compared with something like 24 for the Riv. (Interestingly, I don’t think Jeff has ever performed solo or with anyone other than Wilco at the Riv unless it was a cameo or at a benefit or something like that, while he has done more than a handful of solo and Tweedy band gigs at the Fillmore.)

I saw Jeff (solo) open for Patti Smith at the Riv in November 1998.  Jeff was great.  Patti was other-worldly.

I saw Jeff (solo) open for Patti Smith at the Riv in November 1998. Jeff was great. Patti was other-worldly.

Ok, I figured he must’ve played there at least once. That one’s not in any databases (at least not the setlist), though I at least see the entry for the show in setlist.fm. It was Nov. 22, 1998. Thanks for the clarification.

Please describe the SF tuxedo?

This depends on the decade!

Ooops. Mixing up with the two Oakland shows, which in my rudimentary geographical understanding of the US... it is essentially the same thing as San Fran (right?) not to mention the two Vic shows which just got announced as well. I guess in my head, I just assumed these were two shows. Plus I should never be posting just before bed, BAD idea. I am, as always, NOT in the know on anything.  :frusty

Here is a genuine Canadian apology: sorry.

As someone who lives in SF and works in Oakland, they're far enough apart to make my commute a major pain.  :no  (I was spoiled for years working in SF, while most of my co-workers commuted in from the east bay, so now I'm getting a taste of my own medicine!)  And the Fillmore is an easy bus ride from home, while the Oakland shows... are about six blocks from my office, so the commute to those is still a major pain!  :P

Ok, I figured he must’ve played there at least once. That one’s not in any databases (at least not the setlist), though I at least see the entry for the show in setlist.fm. It was Nov. 22, 1998. Thanks for the clarification.

Did you happen to notice who created the entry on setlist.fm?  :wave