• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, my prognosticating skills have been on point lately; I predicted GA would go blue back when GA friends believed it was impossible. And I predicted months ago that we wouldn't know the election's outcome until November 7th. My own predictions have surprised and delighted me.

So I'm not doing psychic readings yet, but I've gotta say, it feels to me like something big is up tomorrow. Maybe he WILL concede. He's pretty broken right now. Monday, November 16th. Please make it "Concession Day".

And yes, I know full well that this may be wishful thinking, but he isn't at all a strong man, and in a world of hurt. It's hard to predict what a wounded animal will do.

I'd sure like to end this stalemate. What's congress going to do? They'll either have to work under Biden, soon, or support an insurrection against our constitution to keep trump in power. Whatever congress does right now will affect the rest of their political terms. Maybe not wise to sour relationships with the incoming president and cabinet.

Anyway, tomorrow feels portentious for some reason.

I think today's admission may be the closest we ever get to an actual "concession" from Trump. Even if he announces it more formally at a press conference or rally, it'll be couched in terms of illegal voting, rigged elections and probably some good ol' fashioned racism for good measure, because he's literally incapable of admitting actual defeat or failure. Hell, he's still sore that he didn't win the popular vote in 2016,  an election he actually did win overall. 

Whatever. He can keep bitching about it, filing frivolous lawsuits and making vague mafia-style threats, his congress cronies can make all the "we'll see what happens"-type platitudes they want, and his supporters can keep screaming 3-syllable slogans until they all infect each other with covid, none of it changes the fact that Trump will cease to be president on January 20th. 

14 hours ago, kidsmoke said:

If we can all just hold on that long!

Well, maybe it won't be a concession at all, but I'll bet tomorrow is a total Monday on crack. Something is up.

He’s rage-tweeting like a mofo again, saying he won. Somebody get this guy a straitjacket. 
#25thamendment

Lindsey Graham can fuck off forever:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/brad-raffensperger-georgia-vote/2020/11/16/6b6cb2f4-283e-11eb-8fa2-06e7cbb145c0_story.html

In their conversation, Graham questioned Raffensperger about the state’s signature-matching law and whether political bias could have prompted poll workers to accept ballots with nonmatching signatures, according to Raffensperger. Graham also asked whether Raffensperger had the power to toss all mail ballots in counties found to have higher rates of nonmatching signatures, Raffensperger said.

Raffspenger said he was stunned that Graham appeared to suggest that he find a way to toss legally cast ballots. Absent court intervention, Raffensperger doesn’t have the power to do what Graham suggested, as counties administer elections in Georgia.