• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm following the reddit live thread and hoping for some good news. Intentionally avoiding news sites and FiveThirtyEight because I'm terrified of what the updated projections might show. Trying to brace for the worst but I have to admit, I'm not ready for it. Not again.

2 minutes ago, Neuroglue said:

I'm following the reddit live thread and hoping for some good news. Intentionally avoiding news sites and FiveThirtyEight because I'm terrified of what the updated projections might show. Trying to brace for the worst but I have to admit, I'm not ready for it. Not again.

A trump win is incomprehensible to me. I can't even imagine continuing on down the road we've been on. As the saying goes, "However far you've gone down the wrong road, turn back!"

10 hours ago, Neuroglue said:

I was following that, too.  Terrible decision.  Total cesspool of conflicting information (from anonymous randos who never reveal the source of their info, even when directly asked), ultimately all of it boiling down to doom. 

The 538 live scroll was reporting real info in real time, and was less anxiety inducing, though not particularly  comforting.   It's still live and is giving me some degree of hopefulness.   It's here if anyone is interested.  https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2020-election-results-coverage/

EDIT:  Of course, as is to be expected, today much of their live scroll is "SHUT UP...WE WEREN'T WRONG, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW HOW POLLS WORK!"

2 hours ago, chisoxjtrain said:

If Detroit pulls it off, I swear the sheer amount of shit I talk about the city will dramatically decrease (keep it confined to baseball and hockey).

Biden is now leading in Michigan. If he maintains his lead in Nevada, Arizona, Michigan, and Wisconsin (and if he gets his one electoral vote in Nebraska) that will total him out exactly at 270.

That's the good news. The bad news is that 66 million people want Trump re-elected. 

I couldn't believe we elected him in 2016, and I can't believe it's this close after 4 long years.  The good news is that it appears Biden will eek out a win (WI and MI were just called), but it shouldn't have been this close.

40 minutes ago, jff said:

C'mon GEORGIA!   It could happen.  The numbers are there.

If Biden wins Georgia it would pretty much make up for my Braves collapsing again in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Boss_Tweedy said:

If Biden wins Georgia it would pretty much make up for my Braves collapsing again in the playoffs. 

I mean, I'm not really a sports guy, but our whole city is still bruised and embarrassed from the Falcons totally collapsing during the Super Bowl a few years ago, so we need this real bad.

Plus, the uncounted ballots have a very good chance of putting Senator Purdue under 50%, giving us a runoff (against Jon Ossoff).  Generally runoffs are bad news for Dems, but with two runoffs in one state (Warnock vs Loeffler is the other), and the senate in the balance, there might be enough enthusiasm here to flip one or both of those seats.    

Watching Trump now reminds me of watching Comical Ali from the time of the Gulf War. Clearly absolutely delusional. 

From this side of the water the saddest thing is how no one has stood up to him from decent Republicans. That reminds me of the rise of the Nazi party. Thankfully it should be all over soon and history won't quite repeat that part. Putting aside the out and out nutters, there's got to be an almighty effort to do something for and win back ordinary people who voted for Trump who believe they are missing out. It's not party time for the liberals now - which in my opinion is what happened when Obama was elected. He said all the right things but was asleep at the wheel and spent more time curating his iPod music lists that making a real difference. He had the rest of his life for retirement - that should have been 8 years of wartime-like effort right there but he left having made little difference - with the same incidents of police shootings under his watch, for example. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC5UTUAxgpE

So Biden has just pulled ahead in GA and is steadily expanding his lead. Also Jon Ossoff's GA senatorial race will now go to a runoff on January 5th, along with Raphael Warnock's. Those 2 senate runoff races could determine control of the Senate!

Thought y'all could use some happy news. It's not over yet but I can't stop smiling. :cheers:hyper:banana

8 hours ago, kidsmoke said:

So Biden has just pulled ahead in GA and is steadily expanding his lead. Also Jon Ossoff's GA senatorial race will now go to a runoff on January 5th, along with Raphael Warnock's. Those 2 senate runoff races could determine control of the Senate!

Thought y'all could use some happy news. It's not over yet but I can't stop smiling. :cheers:hyper:banana

GA still has provisional and military ballots to count, which probably outnumber Biden's lead.  That could tip it back to Trump, but with PA all but locked down GA won't matter.  But as a Georgia citizen, I really hope the lead holds for Biden here.  The farther over 270 we can get the better. 

20 minutes ago, jff said:

GA still has provisional and military ballots to count, which probably outnumber Biden's lead.  That could tip it back to Trump, but with PA all but locked down GA won't matter.  But as a Georgia citizen, I really hope the lead holds for Biden here.  The farther over 270 we can get the better. 

I think someone (may have been an official in Georgia) said that it could be as low as 50 or as much as 8,900 of those ballots in Georgia.

This could be beautiful once everything is counted.  There's a good chance that Biden will be over 300 EC votes and will have over 5 million more popular votes than Trump.  It only looked bad at first due to all of the mail-in ballots and those states which had laws preventing them from early counting. 

Of course, Trump says this is evidence of fraud, but I don't think anyone but his most ardent zealots believe him.  It would be different if the whole thing hinged on one state, but it doesn't look like it's going to be that close.  He's toast.

I can't think of a better birthday gift for my 46th (Nov. 5) than news of the election of our 46th president. I've been feeling equal heaps of joy and relief all day. 

4 hours ago, Boss_Tweedy said:

I can't think of a better birthday gift for my 46th (Nov. 5) than news of the election of our 46th president. I've been feeling equal heaps of joy and relief all day. 

Happy birthday!!!United Usa GIF by Pretty Whiskey / Alex Sautter

12 hours ago, brownie said:

I think I have just fully exhaled for the first time in four years.  I finally feel like there is some hope for the future.

Same here! Today feels like everybody's birthday at once! Well, except for that grumpy orange golfer.