Wilco - Spring 2023 Tour

Can only hit up 3/23 and 3/26 since I’m seeing Neal Francis on the 24th but I’ll take it. I just wish these shows were at literally any other venue than the Riv.  Anyone have any suggestions for parking in the area that’s safe/easy?  It’ll have been 6 years I think since I’ve last been and first since I’ve moved out of the city so I’ll need to drive.

43 minutes ago, Madcap said:

Can only hit up 3/23 and 3/26 since I’m seeing Neal Francis on the 24th but I’ll take it. I just wish these shows were at literally any other venue than the Riv.  Anyone have any suggestions for parking in the area that’s safe/easy?  It’ll have been 6 years I think since I’ve last been and first since I’ve moved out of the city so I’ll need to drive.

I have never had any issues finding street parking. You may have to walk a few blocks. South of Lawrence - in between Clark and Broadway - north of Wilson, is normally where we park.

Sometimes we get lucky due north behind the Green Mill or by the old Uptown Theater.  Other than Thalia Hall - I always found the Riv to be the easiest place to find parking. 

I was there this past November and we happen to park right in front of Carol's Pub - about a 10 minute walk from the RIv. It was about two weeks after Wilco played there.

Also the Lawrence Red Line stop is closed for construction - not sure if it will be open by March. 

Wow, this works out really well for me. I was already planning to be in New York that week centered around an event in Stamford on Saturday and Sunday, and the theater is eight miles from the hotel where the event is, so I just stumbled into three bonus Wilco shows. Nice!

5 minutes ago, Brian F. said:

Wow, this works out really well for me. I was already planning to be in New York that week centered around an event in Stamford on Saturday and Sunday, and the theater is eight miles from the hotel where the event is, so I just stumbled into three bonus Wilco shows. Nice!

ACPT??  I have yet to be able to work out the timing to get to that.  Now I will be doubly-jealous of all combo ACPT/Wilco show-goers! 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Brian F. said:

You got it. I will be defending my 18th-place finish from 2022.

:worship  I've only done online tournaments, and haven't come anywhere near 18th place in any of them!  I keep thinking someone should organize a west-coast tournament; and I'm hoping someone gets around to doing that before I retire next year and realize I have no excuse not to do it myself.

There actually was a tournament called Crosswords LA that was run for a few years here, but it was a lot of work for the organizer and I think it lost money (even though there were no cash prizes). My first tournament was Crosswords LA in 2014, I think.

Bear in mind that ACPT and Crosswords LA are (and were) on-paper only. I haven't done any online tournaments because I would get completely destroyed competing on a computer. I have no facility with those crossword apps.

• Like 1
On 1/17/2023 at 12:29 PM, theashtraysays said:

Well shit.  Now I need a ticket for that and it's sold out.  Sigh...

Try the secondary market.  I checked yesterday and the prices weren't that outrageous.  

19 minutes ago, theashtraysays said:

Thanks - saw one on stubhub that was reasonable.  Trying the YLT FB group too.

I'll be sorely disappointed if I don't see a "Bull Black Nova" sign at YLT .  :)

1 hour ago, Chez said:

I'll be sorely disappointed if I don't see a "Bull Black Nova" sign at YLT .  :)

Got some bad news there amigo... the sign has been officially retired.  May work on something new sign-wise, but the OG BBN is going under glass. 
See ya at the show(s)!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1