Fall 2023 Dates?

I got an e-mail from a local site called Do The Bay about an October show at the Greek Theater in Berkeley: https://dothebay.com/events/2023/10/14/wilco-tickets

Wilcoworld is currently showing Ireland in September, then Monterey 10/8 and Berkely 10/14, then straight to Sky Blue Sky in December.  I'm assuming there will be some other shows filled in there somewhere?

• 1 month later...

Can't figure out why two Wilcoworld email newsletters in a row don't include the two October Cali shows in their otherwise full accounting of upcoming gigs. Seems weird. Also, did others catch the Cousin references in the email?

Someone in that Reddit thread about the new album believes that more U.S. tour dates will be announced tomorrow. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Take that with a YUGE grain of salt. We shall see…

On 6/4/2023 at 5:32 PM, u2roolz said:

Someone in that Reddit thread about the new album believes that more U.S. tour dates will be announced tomorrow. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Take that with a YUGE grain of salt. We shall see…

I was thinking that they’d be mostly West Coast dates with the 2 California shows already scheduled. 

6E5A97AB-859A-44E7-A814-692C2B56946B.jpeg

Interesting that they didn't tag The Ace Theatre shows as no repeats so maybe that's not a thing there (as a result of new material hopefully).

I bought tickets for Wichita a show which has now disappeared from wilcoworld, the venue's website, and See Tickets (???)

13 minutes ago, indy81 said:

Annoying that the Scottsdale show is general admission, lawn only. Sounds like everyone is going to be sitting on low-rise lawn chairs and you can't stand.

At least it's cheap? $65 after fees might be the least expensive on the tour? I'd gladly pay more for a better venue though.

Well, I'm ticketed for 3 of the 4 L.A. shows and while my Visa didn't burst into flames, it IS still hot to the touch and smoking a little! :P The ticket prices are fine; it's all the add-ons making it so expensive...venue fees and convenience fees and Our Stockholders Expect More from You fees. I think it worked out to about $108 per ticket. Ow. 

I know it will be worth it though, come October!

• Like 2

I got tickets for all four L.A. shows as well as Santa Barbara. It worked out with fees to $105 per ticket. It gives an idea of the state of the live music world today that $105 per show seems totally reasonable. (Note: the Bellwether show in L.A. was about $20 less than the Ace and Santa Barbara shows.)

Did anyone manage to get Orchestra Center? I was in right at 10 a.m. (as was coldasgasoline) and all of the tickets that came up for us were either Orchestra Left or Orchestra Right. I noticed before the on-sale that there was a button for AXS Premium and I wondered whether they might hold back the Center seats for that. Does anyone have any insight about any of this?

• Like 1

I was considering sitting this one out since my concert calendar in October is pretty full with Death Cab/Postal Service, U2 in Vegas, Weyes Blood and the Walkmen. But it’s hard for me to pass up Wilco so  I got a ticket for one of the Ace Theatre shows and the Bellweather in LA. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, kidsmoke said:

See you there, Brian & scribex6!

Brian, I did score an orch center (only row R though) and my friend Julie also got one. So there were at least a few on offer today.

Assuming this is Pasadena Julie, I'm glad to hear that good people got Center.

For the Santa Barbara show, I was only getting a single, which means that, although it's Row E, it's the odd seat all the way at the end of the row. It's more like Orchestra Far Left. Like, so far left that Marx and Engels might have the two seats to my right...

• Haha 1

Yes, Pasadena Julie!

Well at least you're inside the venue, right? Or should I say, left? :lol

Also just a note...somebody really needs to work up a decent Ace seat map! That thing was useless. Blurry and unreadable. I still don't really know where one pair of my seats is...orch left but how left I don't know. Needs further research. (So maybe I shouldn't find your situation so funny until I check my own.:blush)

8 minutes ago, kidsmoke said:

Yes, Pasadena Julie!

Well at least you're inside the venue, right? Or should I say, left? :lol

Also just a note...somebody really needs to work up a decent Ace seat map! That thing was useless. Blurry and unreadable. I still don't really know where one pair of my seats is...orch left but how left I don't know. Needs further research. (So maybe I shouldn't find your situation so funny until I check my own.:blush)

Yeah, I had the same problem. I couldn't find any numbered seating map anywhere on the internet. The only thing I was able to find out is that the rows get longer as they go back (i.e., some of the front rows are only partial rows). For a couple of shows, we got seats 31-32 and I'm assuming they're also on the outer edge whereas there's a show where we got 13-14 which are probably closer to center.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Brian F. said:

Yeah, I had the same problem. I couldn't find any numbered seating map anywhere on the internet. The only thing I was able to find out is that the rows get longer as they go back (i.e., some of the front rows are only partial rows). For a couple of shows, we got seats 31-32 and I'm assuming they're also on the outer edge whereas there's a show where we got 13-14 which are probably closer to center.

I was having the same problem trying to find a good seating chart. I was able to figure out my seat by clicking through this interactive map although it’s not very clear. https://3ddigitalvenue.com/3dmap/clients/ace-hotel-theatre/

• Thanks 1

Scribex6, you're my hero! I looked at that map this morning and never thought to hover over the seats. Now that I see that it has seat numbers when you do that, it turns out that all of my Ace seats are either right on the aisle or two seats off the aisle.

• Like 1